Sign in to follow this  
Guest Simicro

R4D Gmax project

Guest Simicro

Hello,I'm very glad the MAAM team comes on Avsim forum !I've been checking your website for a while now for the R4D Gmax. I did not dare to send an email not to waste your time but can you please clarify a few points please :1) Is it possible to buy by download the current version of the R4D (plane + 2D panel) ?2) I understand that a new version of the R4D with a Gmax 3D model plus a virtual cockpit is under construction and will be available sometime in the future. Is that correct ?I'm eager to contribute to the museum through the R4D for FS.Thank you.Tony

Gentlemen,I also have some of the same questionsthat Tony posted. I bought the Douglas R4D- 6 NATS #819 version 4.75 aroundMarch of 2002. Are there updates thatare available for this aircraft? It issuch a joy, I only miss the VC. I amvery excited about the money raised forthe MAAM organization and am looking forward to more opportunities to contribute.Dan HohmanCentral Oregon's High Desertdhohman@bendcable.comhttp://www.spottedantelope.com/bwomack/ima...onLogoSmall.gif

Well, since you ask...We are already at work on the new Gmax R4D-6. Jan's virtual cockpit and cabin are virtually (pun intended) finished, as you will see here...http://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/avsimpics/r4d_vc101.jpgThe VC panel will actually look even nicer, since I am re-doing all the gauge graphics from new photos. I have a much better camera, now, and I've learned a thing or two, since then. :-)The 2D panels will be all new, as well, and will feature a realistic overhead electrical panel with larger, more readable radios. The lower quadrant you see in the shot above will be there, with the tail wheel lock and aileron and rudder trim cranks operable. I'm planning IFR panels for both sides, like 'BT's, and we'll even throw in the default "hand-held" FS GPS. The fictitious "modern" autopilot will be long gone, so it's the Sperry or the default FS AP key commands, only, if you need help keeping her going where you want.Rob Young will be producing a completely new, even more realistic flight model for the old gal, and Fred will reprogram the whole shooting match. The sound pack will also be recorded anew.We'll keep you apprised of our progress, with an occasional screenie, or two, now and again. :-)Bill Rambow MAAM-SIM"The R4D Team"

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Guest Simicro

Hello Billthank you for the update, she is a real beauty indeed. Good luck for the work remaining :-)Tony

Take it easy, Dan. You're gonna strain something! ;-) We have a tried and true team of testers (how's that for aliteration?) who just finished up a session of yeoman work on the BTBT (Briefing Time Beta Team) and they've all signed on to go again. But if anybody bails out, I'll keep you in mind. When you see the list of names in the BT manual, you'll understand why I'm so happy with them - some names you will recognize, I fancy. :-) Bill Rambow MAAM-SIM"The R4D Team"

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Guest Marvel

the gmax R4D sounds very interesting, take all the time you need "R4D team". At least I'm not in a herry.

Guest klucznik

Hi Folks, What a lovely panel. The MAAM R4D I have is a pleasure to fly and it seems will only get better, ie, visually. Do you folks have the B-25 Mitchell set to go? Do you also have the MAAM 'Hornet' ready to go ?Great work by the MAAM bunch.Regards

Guest Marvel

oh, and don't forget the 2d landing/VFR panel pleasee