Sign in to follow this  

Dark and Cold

Bill:As with the DF737 you can set it up to be a cold and dark flight deckgiving you the opprotunity to go throughout all the start prceadurescan we set up the BT the same way on startup or will it always be running on start?Aloha,Mahalo !

Alternatively, check in the AVSIM File library for a file called, IIRC, "AC Shutdown" or "Aircraft Shutdown". When run, it will shut down all systems running on your aircraft, feather the engines, set parking brake etc.So far is seems to be working with all the aircraft in my 'fleet' ;) - including the http://members.chello.nl/~g.wijbrans/images/ws.gif B-25 http://members.chello.nl/~g.wijbrans/images/ws.gif Gert

Bill.. I scrolled thru the manual for the C&D..under start and shutdown...so where am I NOT looking. What subtitle in the Table of Contentshas the C&D? PlzAloha,Mahalo !

START-UP FLIGHTSA number of flights, or situations, as we old-time FSers tend to call them, have been installed in the FS2002 Flights menu under the category "Briefing Time Flights". One of these, "BRIEFING TIME AT MAAM", which is an engines-off situation, is particularly suitable as a start-up flight.Alastair

Alastair Thanks for the feed back. Am I to understand that I must use the "At MAAM" flight each time. In the Dreamfleet 737 they had a "last flight" selection on the overhead panel. When you shut "everything" off at the gate ...thats the way you find it on start up. Bill said in a reply that a Cold & Dark setup is in the manual. Alastair........I just cant find it !!!Aloha,Mahalo !

The manual refers to the 'Briefing Time' at MAAM" Start-up Flight, as Alastair quoted to you. It is located, along with the other flights included, in the "Briefing Time Flights" category of your Select Flights menu. The MAAM ramp flight is the only engines-off flight included.However, it's a simple matter to set up your own, anywhere you want. Make the BT at MAAM flight your default start-up situation, then select the airport of your choice....or, after you shut down from the last flight of the day, hit this key combination:Alt F S S Enter EnterThat's six quick taps that you can do in a second or two. It will save your last flight, cold and dark, as you left it, ready to restart, next time. The second S can be anything you want, but I use S because it's fastest to hit the S key twice. Now, go into the Flight menu, find S under your saved flights, highlight it and check the Make Default box. From now on, every time you start an FS session, 'BT' will be right where you left her, waiting for you to flip switches and play the levers like a concert pianist. Just remember to take on some fuel before you crank! :-)Bill Rambow MAAM-SIM - Rambow, Visser, Banting, and Younghttp://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/maamsim_logo.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

I'm sure you've re-checked the manual, and have now found the reference, but if not, look at the Table Of Contents - its item 11 just above the section on the 2D Instrument panel. If you format the manual for printing (and I transcribed it into Word and had it professionally printed ...) the Start Up Flights section will appear around p12, depending on your paper size (US Letter or European A4).Cheers,Alastair

This reminds me .. a volunteer has converted all the documents, including those on the Multi-Media disc, to PDF format and burned them on a disc which is on its way to me now. I'll upload these for anyone who cares to have them. Bill Rambow MAAM-SIM - Rambow, Visser, Banting, and Younghttp://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/maamsim_logo.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org