Sign in to follow this  
Guest progrmr

OK - this is a trip. Can't start B-25

Guest progrmr

After having flown it for 2 days, I started up FS, selected "Previous flight" and got into the B-25 right where I had left it, all powered down and engines off. but I can't start it! I thought it was just me, but CTRL-E doesn't work either. I started this plane w/o even reading the manual when I first got it, but re-checked the manual just to make sure I had everything setup right.I loaded the Cessna, started it, then reloaded the b-25. It loaded with both engines running. But I cut the mixture, put it to full rich again and tried to restart. NOTHING!What's up here?

Guest progrmr

this is starting to be not fun, haha. This sucks! Take a look at the pic below - should be fine! I have fuel pressure, the fuel boosters are working - Any help?http://www.fat-chances.com/b251.jpg

Guest progrmr

I don't know if this is a bug or what - but now when I try to start the plane, I hold the starter, then right before the energizer is about to time out I click off the button and on the panel right by the starter switch the engines start.I don't know what's going on - I've spent the last 1/2 hour trying to start the engines. I'm going to reinstall. I have no idea what is going on here but something is wrong. It might be useful to note that this is the first time I have run the plane in the windowed mode, but I was having the same trouble even after switching back to full screen mode.

Guest progrmr

I am still not having any luck. Reinstalling did not help.From the start engine checklist:[ ] AC Mesh

Guest Phoenix_7

try selecting the 'Briefing Time at MAAM' start-up flight and go thru the start procedureJohn

Guest IanP

This might not help, it's another of those "catch-all" fixes that seem to solve all sorts of wierd problems. You might like to try reinstalling FSUIPC though - probably won't help, but you never know!It's not something I've ever come across before. What happens if you start another aircraft and then switch to BT?Ian P.:-halo

Guest progrmr

If I load say the baron, start it, then load the BT it loads with both engines running.But I want that realistic startup. It's part of the plane, ya know? :)

Guest progrmr

Well, I didn't do this because I was thinking it shouldn't matter where I'm at.But I fired up the game, went in and the thing started right up!I think the problem is when you've been flying for a bit, shut the plane down and try to start again quickly after you've shut her down. That would explain my situation the other day with the 'Previous Flight'. Even though several real-time hours had passed, to FS it was just like I just left the cockpit, IE the plane was still toasty warm. Also I didn't fly it right, as I was over 11,000 and never engaged the supercharger. Anyway, tonight as soon as I got in, engerized, 4 clicks on the primer then mesh - it fired right up.:) Great plane, I'll tell ya!

Hurrah! I'm glad you got her going. You DID remember to shut off the batteries so they did not go flat after shutdown, didn't you? And you did remember to turn them on again? ;-) Bill Rambow MAAM-SIM - Rambow, Visser, Banting, and Younghttp://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/maamsim_logo.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Guest progrmr

absolutely - you see my screenshot above. It doesn't account for the batt switches being off, but they were.I'm going to try again right now - using previous flight and see what happens.

Guest progrmr

Last night, I left everything on. I got in FS, selected previous flight and could not start the engines.I figured that's fine, because I left the battery on when I shut down.BUT I shutdown FS, restarted it, then did "Create a flight" - Selected the same B-25 (full), fly now, and the engines wouldn't start.Once the batteries are dead (if that is in fact what's happening) how long do I have to wait to fly the plane again? Seems to me that if I shutdown FS and restart, do create a flight and start a new flight I should be able to start up right away...??

No. they take quite some time to go flat, and retarting FS, or easier, loading a default plane, then switching back to BT will recharge them.I hate to say it, but I haven't a clue what is causing your problem, but it's the first time anyone has reported this. You may be failing to do something very simple. Br sure you have advanced the mixture levers far enough - too much is better than too little.Keep plugging away and let us all know when you figure out what the problem is. Bill Rambow MAAM-SIM - Rambow, Visser, Banting, and Younghttp://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/maamsim_logo.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Guest progrmr

OK, I'll try loading a default plane then the b-25 again. But really it wouldn't start at all if I was screwing up the startup procedure, I use the same all the time.But your right - I seem to be the only one with a problem :) Not the first time, probably not the last. I'll get back with you if I figure anything out!

Guest progrmr

I effin' give up.This plane hasn't started for me for 2 days now.I am going to reinstall FS2002 and try to reinstall with just the b-25 and see if the situation improves.friggin' unbelievable. Engine start seems to be totally random. However I have installed many freeware planes, so perhaps that's the problem. Must be since I seem to be the only one having this issue. I;m about to take a video of me doing the startup and sending it to you guys!! haha, crap.I'll be back.

Guest progrmr

Well, I don't know what it was - but I'm totally fixed now. After uninstalling/reinstalling FS2002, I can start the plane whenever, where-ever and it starts first try w/o any trouble. I must've had another plane installed that did something to my FS configuration - Whatever it was I don't care because I got to fly the plane last night for many hours. And I started it about 10 times without a single problem.This thread can now die. :)