Sign in to follow this  
Guest firefox

R4D FS9 Upgrade/Update

Hi Joerg,Let me explain, again, because this probably has slipped off the forum and I will eventually get around to the FAQ where it will be housed permanently.Unlike other software you note, this is not a new edition. We will not be calling this version 9, because it is not an upgrade based on the old plane. It is entirely new from the ground up with not a single scrap of the old product remaining in it. This is for one very good reason, the sordid details of which I will not go into again, but the team that has put this package together is not constituted of the all the same developers who did the old one. To keep from violating anyone's intellectual property rights, we began from a completely clean slate. I took all new photos with a higher res camera, and these were used to make all new aircraft texture, gauge and panel bitmaps, as well as cockpit views. The flight model is new, the physical model is new, the sound pacakge is new - absolutely everything is original to this new R4D and DC-3 package. The only thing they have in common with the old is the subject aircraft, MAAM's R4D-6 #50819, and Jan Visser and I on the team. It has taken us two years of hard work to produce it, and that would not have been the case if it were an upgrade, or modification of the old R4D.We think we are giving you full value for your $30, despite the fact it is going to a good cause. You are getting three complete high quality aircraft and an unprecedented amount of documentation for $10 per airplane. It is just not practical to allow discounts with all the extra work that would entail for our all-volunteer staff, even if we wanted to. We do, however, appreciate our customers, and that is why we put out free goodies like the MAAM/KRDG Scenery and all the repaints, as well as other stuff still in the works.But perhaps you have already decided to bite the bullet? I mailed an order to someone named Joerg today. So if you live in a famous university city in the land of Bier und Wurst, your CD is on the way. When you get it and load up the R4D, I think you will readily see what I have been saying is true. If I were you I would tell Jaap thanks for the generous offer, but instead, have a couple pints on you.:-) Bill Rambow MAAM-SIM - Rambow, Visser, Banting, Young, Womack, and Sodjahttp://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/maamsim_logo.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Guest firefox

Bill,thank you so much for your words. This is all I asked for in the first place. And I do think as well that this information should not disappear from the forum as it probably did before.I know that you are putting all this together for a good cause and hope - as many others - that this will help in preserving this great piece (and witness) of history.Unfortunately, I do not live in a 'university city in the land of Bier and Wurst', so it'll be another Joerg who you made happy by sending out his copy yesterday. But I am sure that it will not be long until mine arrives .....Thanks again for your reply, keep up the good work andCHEERS,Joerg

Guest jaapverduijn

Hi Bill!"(...) Now don't you feel silly? (...)"I always do, but in this case even more so (wide grin)!Be well!Jaap Verduijn.

Guest firefox

Bill,I recieved the CD today -and can't get enough of it!Finally back in the front left seat of that good old R4D NATS. Thanks to you and your team for the realization (and also for the fast shipping)!Have a great weekend!JoergP.S.: Thanks and hello to the guys who tried to 'convince' in the first place in this thread. Happy landings!

Guest Sonrio

This is just a bump to keep the info alive