Sign in to follow this  
Guest Javis

Gentlemen, get your snorkels and flippers ready !

Guest Javis

While never a favourite DC-3 config of yours truly, -to say the least,

Guest allcott

Loathsome, I agree, but I guess we'd just have to get used to it;) Does this mean a turboprop version is also on the cards?Allcott

Guest kimdahl

Hi Jan!Great work, but I can see that you haven't had the time to fix the little aileron texture mirroring problem yet :-)Best regards

He has people to DO that sort of thing, Kim. It's just they're all on summer break. Give him a chance! But I know, you want your D-Day stripes ...And will there be anything else, Allcott? Jam on that cake, perhaps? More icing?WELL DONE JAN. She is beautifully modelled after the original (there were five, folks, one remains) and I, for one, am really looking forward to the challenge of flying this lady properly. But I won't be flying right seat to anyone the first time they try a cross wind landing on tarmac with the amphib gear .... :DMark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hi,Looks fantastic Jan! I know I would like to fly the float version on occasion. :)Cheers,Jim

Guest Railrunner130

I can't wait to give it a shot! All those Alaskan seaplane bases will never be the same!!!

You know, Allcott, you have a point, actually. I had no idea until I went to their site at ...http://www.baslerturbo.com... that Basler had done so many of these. According to Trev Morson, they have some 30-40 DC-3s lined up right now for conversion which visitors to Oshkosh can see. My golly .... that's a lot!Er, Jan .... oh, never mind, LOL.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest Javis

OK,gentlemen, *read* *my* *lips* : *NO* *NEW* *BASLER* !!! :-8 :-bat :-samurai :-bang Then again, you tricked me before, didn't you Sir Beaumont, in a dark moment of time...Jan (who's having a hard time gettin that gear to look anything realistic on the floater what with only a couple of teensy weensy little pictures to work with)

Guest Railrunner130

Will the aircraft use the existing set of textures plus one or two for the floats? Or will it be an entirely new set?

Guest IanP

I can't remember whether you were around, Mark, when Bill and I had the discussion about the Basler.The problem is that it wouldn't just be a model remake and more work for Jan and Rob - it would require an entirely new flight deck, an entirely new model and an entirely new AFD. Basically it would require an entirely new aircraft. Oh, and unfettered access to one for Bill's repeated photo shoots. ;-)Never say never, but I don't think the Basler is a runner, for the near future at least.Ian P.:-halo(Edited to add: But the screenie above wearing your green-stripe DCA livery is a corker!)

Guest allcott

Ian, Yes, I realised that with my cheeky reply. The Basler and SAAF conversions are major rebuilds, including extending the nose section forward of the main spar. Just think the turbine would be a great addition to the stable.But one thing I COULD see being done would be a `pointy nose` conversion.Allcott

My feelings exactly ! I love floatplanes and amphibs., although this is a bit on the big side !Looking forward to trying it out,Alastair

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hi Alastair,I agree, it's a big one! The big ones are sooo cool though, like Bill and Lynn Lyons G-21 Grumman Goose and Sikorsky S-43. So I think an amphibian MAAM-SIM C-47/DC-3 will totally rock!Cheers,Jim

OK, so where exactly does this Folsom bird reside? If Jan is having trouble with the gear, I feel a field trip coming on. I could use a good excuse to go to Maine. My wife loves lobster, so she won't fight me on this one.Bill Rambow MAAM-SIM - Rambow, Visser, Banting, Young, Womack, and Sodjahttp://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/maamsim_logo.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Greenville, Maine, Bill. Max Folsom is the owner/pilot. He took the floats off her two weeks ago and I have yet to determine whether or not that is temporary. They're geared, though, for sure.I have sent Jan all the pics I have found of gear deployed on the XC47C, none of them good. Anyway, if you're travelling north, let me know whether you need a hitchhiker to help you drink that funny cider you live on.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg