Sign in to follow this  
srburger

New BPB

Jan, Mark et al,I just downloaded the new BPB C-47A and read of the improvements you made to the base model... good job! Were the R4D, DC-3 passenger, and DC-3 cargo mdl files updated, and are the changes all contained within the mdl files? (Or... is this a completely new model, and it's the only one affected?)I have made additional passenger and cargo aircraft (each in their own folders) using Mark Beaumont's unsanctioned (but very nice) IFR panels. I assume that all I have to do to update those aircraft is to copy the mdl file from the base versions... correct?Thanks for the great work!Ken

It's already Christmas in The Netherlands, so I'll give you the short answer for Jan. He can weigh in and give you some more detail on upcoming models later.The improvments made in BPB are only to be found on that aircraft and yes, it is a completely new model, although built on top of the old one. There is no way to just plug in these detailed changes to the old models.As far as Mark's panel mods being unsanctioned - that's far too strong a word. They certainly are sanctioned, just not released officially by MAAM-SIM. The products that Mark produces under the DC-3 Airways name, as is the case with the IFR panels, are produced with full MAAM-SIM permission and cooperation, but not under the MAAM-SIM moniker. That's the only way that anything, other than texture repaints, can legally be done with our products. Mark is the only guy I know who is both a MAAM-SIM team member and an outside (sort of) developer. Would that make him a "Fourth Party"?;-)Bill Rambow MAAM-SIM - Rambow, Visser, Banting, Young, Womack, Sodja & Beaumonthttp://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/maamsim_logo.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Thanks Bill!No problems on installation. Like you said, it doesn't affect any of the other models.If, like me, any others were contemplating creating a Mark Beaumont IFR version, it turns out that it's very simple. Since the BPB panel aliases the base passenger model, you can make a copy of the BPB version, then change the panel.cfg to alias to any other version which already has the mod installed.Congratulations on another great enhancement!Ken