Sign in to follow this  
kremin

R4D/DC3/C47/DAK .air files in FS8(FS2002)

Greetings to all,I think it's Bill Rambow to field this question. Bill, after reading a recent thread about mix-ups with .air files in fs9 I had a close look at mine in fs8 and as far as I can tell the files MaamSim_r4D.air and MaamSim_DC3.air are identical in all but name. Surely this is not right? I'm using the 6th edition of the CD. I realize I may have missed something, so feel free to call me blind or just plain stupid but please put me out of my misery!I very much enjoy your work and that of all the MAAM team past and present - keep it up, you are greatly appreciated.

best regards

Rick Canham

Sweden

As far as I am aware, Rick, the airfiles are basically the same for the R4D and DC3; there are variations for FS9 and FS2002, yes, which is where the confusion lay previously, but in each version of the sim the power differences are taken care of in the AIRCRAFT.CFG, not the airfile.I think. Bill may comment further, but I do believe that the files you have are the ones you are intended to have!Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumont[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/maamlogo2.jpg[/a]

It was not a mix-up of the air files, and if I said that I must have had my foot in my mouth. It was aircraft.cfg files that were the issue and which were replaced in the patch for the early RAF Daks. As I recall, there are differences in the air files as well as the aircraft.cfg files between the dash 92 and 94 engines. I'm at our vacation place at the moment and don't have a 6th Edition CD handy to check, nor do I have an air file editor here, but the DC-3 and R4D air files on my laptop have an eight byte size difference in the properties.Rob Young can manipulate air file parameters that we mere mortals can not even find with an air file editor! ;-) Bill RambowMAAM-SIM http://www.fssupport.com/maam/maamsim_neon.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Mark and Bill, thanks very much for the quick response. I rather assumed that what Mark said about it all happening in the .cfg file might be the case, but now Bill has shed some doubt on that theory! Of course I checked file size, and date and time of last modification, and mine are identical: 8694 bytes on 21 May 2004 at 12.22PM. Looked inside with AirEd and everything looks the same in there too but I didn't examine every part (can't even understand most of it anyway).Bill, I'm in no hurry for this so enjoy your vacation and I apologize for disturbing the peace.I look forward to hearing from you when you're ready.

best regards

Rick Canham

Sweden