Sign in to follow this  
strider

Repaint requests (MAAM-SIM DC3 passenger)

Hello gang. I was wondering if I could talk someone into doing some repaints of the passenger version in:American Airlines, Delta and TWA colors? Vic (DCA1322)

Victor Buck

Others may have different ideas, Vic, but I personally have been holding on any paints of these aircraft until we have a Wright-engined version to play with. I painted up the first two for FS2002 using Jan's earlier models (www.swiremariners.com/dc3FS8.html) but they were incorrect in this regard. The better his models get, the more fussy I become about getting such details right!All in good time, though. The "Flagship" series for AA are beautiful planes and the Delta livery is gorgeous too. Jan himself will be doing Eastern Airlines when this model is released in due course.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumont

VP Fleet, DC-3 Airways

Team Member, MAAM-SIM

Guest ftimm

On the subject of repaints.As a retiree of USAir/Allegheny Airlines you guys know what I would LOVE to see.I first started in the late'50's working part time at KTTN.One of the flights went EWR, TTN, PHL, LNS, RDG, AOO, PIT, and back again. Since the DC3 flew through RDG, and is part of Reading's history, I thought sure someone would have a repaint out by now.C'mon guys, someone can do it.

Vic, you haven't looked at the Free Stuff page lately. http://www.maam.org/flightsim/enhance/enhance.htmDale Deluca has recently uploaded a passenger model repaint of Delta "Ship 41" along with an Eastern Airlines "Silver Fleet" DC-3.As Mark rightly points out, they are not the historically accurate Wright powered, left-hand door models we will eventually have for you, but they will probably hold you until we do.Bill RambowMAAM-SIM http://www.fssupport.com/maam/maamsim_neon.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

No Bill...you are right. I have been house painting/repairing (UGGHHH!) and need to check the site more often. It's all I can do to stay proficient and get some hours in, these days! Thanks Bill. Vic

Victor Buck