Sign in to follow this  

FS2002 wont run on Windows XP Pro

Every icon showing OK apart from the FS2002.exe which looks like a DOS.exewindow icon.Clicking it throws up a dos window for a split second, no game!Any suggestions please?AMD Ath XP2000+, XPpro UDMA 100 40GB seagate NTFSThanks

Get a proggie called Memtest and test the memory modules. I had a similar problem and it turned out to be a dud memory module.Memtest identified the problem and swapping modules around isolated the dud module.

Right click the fs2002 icon, select properties, and review where is is pointing:Target: "yourdrive:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFS2002fs2002.exe"Start in: "yourdrive:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFS2002"Shortcut key : NoneRun: Normal windowComment: blank

Although unlikely, be sure you check for viruses as well. I once had one which exhibited that type of behaviour.

I found this same issue a few days ago. A quick search and browse on http://www.microsoft.com/support in the Knowledge Base while choosing "games" as the application and "fs2002" as the only keyword, I found this answer:http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;315589NOTE: This forum software breaks URLs with semi-colons in them no matter what code I seem to try using. Please copy and paste the URL text.Basically, uninstall, hunt down any copies of the executable, delete them, reboot, reinstall.This was a total pain and waste another 30-40 minutes, but it has been running smoothly for days now.

Thanks for the help. i did as the link asked and it works now.Thanks for yr time