Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jalok

CaptainSim 727 is out!!!!

Just thought I'd let everyone know. I'll download my copy tonight, it seems well worth the waite....

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Hi Dillo, I think you got suckered in just like me. I did not know they were closing down until January 3. They took my money and gave me access to a download site for the manuals. I guess by now they are enjoying a feast with all the advanced payments they got. And now I have to wait for an access code to download the a/c and then send in for another code to get the program to work.I am weary that this procedure may set me back another week. I will never buy from this outfit again. Have fun with yours if you have it...

Guest A32X

Once you get your activation code you may be pleaseantly surprised ;-) IMO - CaptainSim do make superb aircraft.

All the posts that I've read from Capt. Sim say January 2nd at 1200 is when they'll reopen, not January 3rd. Has there been some change that I missed or did the "scuttlebutt" just get out of hand? Mark

Guest B52Drivr

Hello All,Well, yes, it is out, and I finally got my activation code, and you know what? After all the tech release bug reports, the beta of the .air file I tested, (which, by the way, actually flew like a real 727-100), you would think that they could get it right.I am not one to complain much about aircraft, but this one, from all the testing which has been done has no excuse for the omissions, and the mistakes on the .air file.There is an old expression in aviation, 'if you make something too trick and cute, you have just outtricked yourself.' Well, in my humble opinion, that is what they have done here.The visual model is quite stunning . . . the features are nice, but to build an aircraft like this, you first make it look and fly like the real thing . . .then concentrate on the trick stuff.I'm really miffed here, I think I will 86 the final release, go back to the tech release and the .air file they sent me to beta and then I will be somewhat pleased . . . a shame, after all this wait.Best to all, sorry to sound like sour grapes, but I have spent the past 8 hours with this aircraft in all configurations and I am not at all pleased.Clayton T. DopkeMajor, USAF (retired)"Drac"

ClaytonI am still awaiting my code to download the aircraft having paid for the aircraft 24 hrs ago.The flight model is all important.May I E mail You? my mail is p_ace@btinternet.combest wishesPeter

>Hello All, >>Well, yes, it is out, and I finally got my activation code, >and you know what? After all the tech release bug reports, >the beta of the .air file I tested, (which, by the way, >actually flew like a real 727-100), you would think that >they could get it right. >>I am not one to complain much about aircraft, but this one, >from all the testing which has been done has no excuse for >the omissions, and the mistakes on the .air file. >>I'm really miffed here, I think I will 86 the final release, >go back to the tech release and the .air file they sent me >to beta and then I will be somewhat pleased . . . a shame, >after all this wait. >>Best to all, sorry to sound like sour grapes, but I have >spent the past 8 hours with this aircraft in all >configurations and I am not at all pleased. >May I remind you that you accused me on the CS-forum of "whining and crying" in a rather rude way! Your words:"There is nothing more that I dislike than a 'child' whinning and crying all the time. That guy has posted more crap and complaints than anyone I've seen in ages."Now I won

Guest B52Drivr

Vortex,Well, anyone who knows me, (and there are a few on this forum and in the FS world who know me 'face to face'), knows that I call them as I see them -- good, bad, or indifferent! Once in awhile, I even apologize LOLNow, do I think there was alot of whinning earlier? . . .of course.Do I think that it was justified then? . . . probably not, however, I will give you your due -- I have given Capt Sim every chance, (and so have lots of simmers), to make good on mistakes on delivery dates, bad programming, silly errors in the files and such. We gave him the benifit of the doubt when the .air file wasn't right and lots of things didn't work. When I beta tested the new .air file, I was very pleased . . .obviously, something was lost in the translation as this aircraft flies different than the beta .air I was given -- (glad I still have that one in my backup files).As I stated before, we all have gotten a bit excitable over this, waiting, waiting, waiting and so on . . .Capt Sim was given the chance to make this thing perfect, with all the honest efforts of input from the 'bug-reports'. There were so many, a few even that I hadn't noticed . . .and of course, some of them have NOT been addressed.I wish, they would have tested, tested, tested and tested. Another week would not have made one darned bit of difference and the product would have probably been almost flawless. Let me continue . . . his beta testers should have been given the final product and been asked to tear it apart -- fix it and then release it without all the BS hassels of the new activation codes or the wait . . . because all of us who had pre ordered, already had a activation code. (I'm sure there is a good reason for this, but I'll be damned if I can see it).Yes, you were right about many things . . . however, I still don't think you approached it from the proper viewpoint -- BUT, that is what makes the world go around, and I do understand your frustration . . .I honestly do, and perhaps I should have toned down my words just a tad. We all have bad days, and I'm sure that was one of mine, as it was yours. OK, given that, I'll forgive you, you forgive me, and, because we have to, to get this darned thing straightened out, I'guess we'll have to forgive ole Capt Sim . . .ONLY IF HE GIVES US A PATCH TO FIX THE WRONG STUFF, AND DOES IT IN A TIMELY MANNER. AND THIS TIME, HOW ABOUT FIXING ALL OF IT . . . NOT JUST A FEW ITEMS.As I mentioned earlier, yes, I am miffed now . . . there was no excuse for releasing another 'tech release' . . .one was enough.You see, I too am now frustrated, and I have many things going on in my life, however, I really looked forward to this release and am not that pleased -- perhaps I am spoiled . . .more than likely, but I feel that I have given them more than enough time and that I, and others have been let down.Now, saying that, I will wish you a most Happy New Year, and perhaps in the future we can even be civil to each other . . . LOLBest to you and yours, (and thanks for not using the words: "I told you so, na, na, na, na, na, na . . ." ) Clay

We gave him the benifit of the doubt >when the .air file wasn't right and lots of things didn't >work. When I beta tested the new .air file, I was very >pleased . . .obviously, something was lost in the >translation as this aircraft flies different than the beta >.air I was given -- (glad I still have that one in my backup >files). That

Guest jaapverduijn

Greetings, and a happy New Year to all of you (even CaptainSim)!I've been following the CaptainSim hullabaloo with an eagle's eye, also partaking every now and then. The CS crowd publicly called many of their existing customers "betrayers", they publicly denied their future customers the right to comment on the CS customer treatment, they publicly called me (a potential future customer) a "racist", and in general did just about everything they could to alienate past, present and future clients as soundly and thoroughly as possible. Reading this thread has strengthened my opinion that, at least for the time being, one does well to give CaptainSim a wide berth. Their idea of customer relations ("Betrayer! Racist!") stinks, and now the much delayed final version of the 727 seems to stink as well. Let's hope they use the new year 2003 to kinda brush up on their customer treatment, AND on their much discussed 727 release.Be, stay, live and release well!Jaap Verduijn.

Hi Jaap,Wide berth ... yeah, I'll agree with that.I'm regretting my decision to be a repeat customer. Can't get either the software or a reply from the vendors - even using their quoted address.The credit card charge came through OK though.Best,

Ditto on all of Steve's comments for me...Sure would like to have that software. Oh well...there's always the Pilatus Porter. And no, those that know Steve's and my history will know for sure this ain't "suckin' up!" :)Happy Holidays to all, and especially Steve and da' crew at FSD!bt

> And no, those that know Steve's >and my history will know for sure this ain't "suckin' up!" >:) Was thinking exactly that!! :-lol L.Adamson

Hey Braun,Happy New Year to you ! Good fortunes also to you in 2003.We all (myself included) can have good and bad days ;-) but I think CS deserves some kind of BZ award for "Innovations In Customer Relations" ... ;-)Best,Steve

Guest B52Drivr

Hey Steve,You wouldn't like to rescue this .air file, would you? Figured if I was going to ask, I'd ask the best. Clay