Sign in to follow this  
Guest twabi2

New space-simulator

Guest GBOXY

Well I downloaded the sim but unfortunately cannot run it as my monitor can only manage 1280x800,its a 14" monitor. shame really cos I was looking forward to this one. I know the sim itself is running cos i can hear it but nothing on the screen. Gutted cos my graphics card can display well over 1280x1024!never mind eh!Thanks anyways guysRegardsDan

Guest twabi2

Multi-resolution support is on its way!Thanx for mentioning.

Guest GBOXY

Thanks for the reply fella, I'll be looking forward to it!RegardsDan

Guest BigJimW

I entered my email address several hours ago and no "instructions" ever came.Is your email function broken?

BigJim!Got my email after two secs. Maybe check your spam settings?Cheers,

Guest BigJimW

It's not the spam settings. I used two diffrent addreses and neither one worked.Although I did manage to get an email infected with the W32.Netsky.Z@mm worm that Norton AV caught today. Thats something thats never happened before.

Pretty cool!Some major fps drops in the left/right view (F6/F7). Also some fps drops while on the early to mid ascent.When pausing while voice is being playbacked sometimes the voice gets stuck in a loop.Shuttle manoevers even if pause is enabled. And finally the on-board computer hung at OMS burn -15 secs. Not even the main mission timer ran.And please, get rid of the ATC background chatter. It sort of misplaced. ;-)It was cool though! I'm looking forward to the real deal.Cheers,

Guest twabi2

Thanx for your suggestions!This is the kind of reply's we need.Be assured we'll keep this in mind, and adjust it.BigJimW: mail me, and I'll reply with the right link.Some mailsystems seem to block the mails, but I don't see why. I've never sent spam, and the headers are correct.

Guest Honkar

Is it using Direct3d or OpenGL?If the latter is the case, does it run on Linux?

Guest elmarmaurer

Have a similar problem: I have a 15" TFT monitor with 1024x768 but when I try to run program it happens nothing. No black screen or sound in background from game - nothing.Is this as Dan experienced because of lack of multi-resolution support?Please confirm this.ThanksElmar

Guest twabi2

It's indeed a multi-res problem... but as I already said: new version will probably contain multi-res support.And the graphics are produced by OpenGL, but the inputs by activeX.Neither one of us is a big Linux user, but if someone wants to port it, contact me.

Guest BigJimW

I finally got it the other day after getting an email from Mike (and using my crappy YaHoo email address)Impressive work. I run it on a 15 inch monitor with no problems (I think running a GForce4 video card with 128 megs video ram helps). Framerates very good, nice sharp image. Still stuck at the T-5 minute mark though, but I'll eventually get there. :)Overall this beta is pretty stable. No crashes or other problems I first check when running a beta test (like I do for Orbiter). I do have a couple of suggestions for Mike that I'll be emailing him on, but other than that, this thing is awesome.And to compair it to Orbiter is not an accurate compaireson. Orbiter is an excellent Space Flight Simulator. Shuttle is an excellent Space SHUTTLE simulator. Totally diffrent animals altogether, and both can definately fill the bill on what they're designed to do.Maybe Mike should consider contacting AVSIM to open a forum here on this new flight sim (instead of using this Orbiter forum). From the looks of it, it will be very popular once he finishes it, and I'm sure he will mass quite a following (like Martin has now).I know he has me hooked. :)

Guest twabi2

I'm preparing a forum on my site BigJimW :)Just keep trying to get past T-5, it will work eventually.

Guest MarkG

Not bad for a beta, it's a lot like a modern upgrade of the old Virgin games shuttle sim.One thing from that sim which would be nice in this one is the flashing squares around the switches on the control panel when you need to change a setting. It can be hard to find the right switch when there are so many to choose from, and in some cases you don't have too long to do it.Also, pause didn't seem to work on re-entry: it would say paused, but the shuttle kept on flying... the shuttle also crashed a long way from the runway, but maybe I was supposed to have taken over from the computer before that.

Guest twabi2

One thing from that sim which would be nice in this one is the flashing squares around the switches on the control panel when you need to change a setting. It can be hard to find the right switch when there are so many to choose from, and in some cases you don't have too long to do it.That is a feature I already discussed with Micke...So, it'll probably become available in one of the next versions.Also, pause didn't seem to work on re-entry: it would say paused, but the shuttle kept on flying... Strange, will test that when I get home from this meeting.the shuttle also crashed a long way from the runway, but maybe I was supposed to have taken over from the computer before that.You do have to take control of the shuttle on the last phase indeed.Maybe practice the landing first, and if that goes well, do a complete launch.

Guest twabi2

New version uploaded, now supporting multi-res.that's the only change, no new things :)

Guest Steve Brown

Had a hard time with my Email address too... so I used my Yahoo address with no problems. The Sim is wonderful on my 19 inch screen all looked sharp and the models are great :-) Fab job all around. This is what I have been looking for. I flew the full size shuttle sim at the Astronauts Hall of Fame, back in January, as I was one of the Guinnea pigs used for the new ATX program. MS3 for ascent and Pilot for descent.http://www.wrexhamspace.org/simulator.htm Im back at NASA this December... after that this is what I will always be flying.Thankyou guysSteveMy Websitehttp://www.wrexhamspace.orghttp://www.wrexhamspace.org/Steves%20Card.jpg

Guest twabi2

Good it worked out finally :)The sim you flew isn't realistic at all, if I can say that...Many (important) switches were missing!Maybe you can get a better impression from S3 :)

Guest Steve Brown

Thats correct. Not realistic!But the idea behind the Flightsim at NASA Isnt real flight, but to give an idea to the public,(in one day) the size of the shuttle and the kind of commands, and so on that an Astronaut has. The great thing about it is, you sit in a full scale shuttle with other people working as a team. Its purpose is for teaching life on the Shuttle. This is simply not so sitting at home on a computer. Though I understand what you are saying, with many of the switches not present. Though I have seen the real thing ;-) Flying this sim isnt exact, in following all the procedures that a "Commander" and/or "Pilot" has to do. Just on the computer entries alone kept the "Commander" and I buisy all the way to the runway, following the prompts from the flightbook we had.This would be impossible for one guy to do at home on his computer. So we have to make an allowance :-) Though, we had with us Donald H. Peterson NASA Astronaut (Colonel, USAF, ret.) One of the first Astronauts to do a Spacewalk from the Shuttle on STS-06, giving us a better idea of what would normally happen.Im not knocking the sim you are designing in anyway, its great :-eek Im just pointing out how "realistic" one can get. You have to give and take...SteveMy Websitehttp://www.wrexhamspace.orghttp://www.f2fdesign.com/ http://www.wrexhamspace.org/Steves%20Card.jpg

Guest twabi2

Well, I'm designing a cockpit, where you have to work as a team too, where you get the size of the shuttle + it has all the switches :)

Man if you nad Mike were to get together you would have the perfect sim.your shuttle has everything orbiter lacks cockpit switches simplicity as far as the shuttle.I love your sim.On the flip side Orbiter has everything S3 lacks missions awsome textures.If you guys could put them together it would be peanutbutter and jelly time.I play them both but to be in the same sim.perfect