Sign in to follow this  
Guest Redvan

gamespy... pos

Guest foehammer42

i have xbox live. %0 bucks a month and they still charge for everything they can. They freekin charge for game update. Microsoft truelly tries to pinch every penny they can. I had to pay 100 bucks for an xbox wireless receiver. Apparently normal ones don't work. Microsoft is such a cheap company

>1. Whenever I try to sign in it will sign in than give me a>message saying somebody else is signed on with my account. It>takes between 1-12 tries before it sign me in.>2. Before and after i join a server and even during loading i>wil get a message saying i have been disconnected from game>spy. >3. whenever i try to leave a server the game freezes.>4. When i host a server my friend cant see it.>5. Is it just me or does it take skill to scroll down the list>of servers. It literally has seizures. It wont stay in one>spot for more than 2 seconds. I can scroll halfway down the>list and it will just pop right back to the top.Foehammer, I might be able to answer a couple of questions for you on this one.Gamespy is *totally* overloaded at the moment, especially during the afternoon/evenings, mostly because people are on holidays in Europe, North America, and Australia (the three biggest user zones). The connection issues arose around the 22nd of Dec and should heal themselves in a few days from now when most of the kids go back to school. The same thing happened last christmas/new years. I think there are more people using FSX in multi than gamespy allotted for in general, but this time of year is when the faults show most.If your friend can't see your server it's likely because you're running behind a router. Gamespy can't ascertain the ping of hosts with routers for some reason so it just gives them all a -1 ping and has trouble holding onto them in the list. They'll appear and disappear pretty randomly. Tell your friend to be patient and watch the -1 sessions, yours may pop up long enough for him to connect. If not try the direct ip route.Acceleration/sp2 fixed the 'whack-a-mole' lobby list. In RTM/sp1 it bounced around so fast that you couldn't select a session fast enough. Shouldn't be a problem with SP2, isn't for me anyway, it's quite stable now. If you highlight a session though and then try to scroll down you'll have trouble, the lobby interface tries to keep your selection on screen.Also Accel/SP2 added numerous undocumented fixes to multiplayer: Hosts can start in parking spots now, gear synchronization is fixed, as well as airbrakes, and canopy/door animations and tailhooks now show correctly on other players' aircraft. The only odd bugs added in multi are that you enter a session paused, and aircraft positions don't update on your screen when paused. Kinda odd.Hope that helps a bit.-mike

Mike Johnson - Lotus Simulations