Sign in to follow this  
fbobum

CH FLIGHT SIM YOKE QUESTION?

I just ordered the CH Flight Sim Yoke USB and I

HI JOEive got the flightsim yoke USb,ive also got the analogue rudders,the problem is that you have to have a joystick plugged in to have analogue rudders and thats where the problem is..i gave up in the end and have just ordered the ch rudders USB,also getting a friend to bring me a ch throttle back from US.i did have them working for a while.but they stopped and in the end had to do a HDD format.i would forget the rudders... best wishes stevemaybe someone can give you a work around,but i did try for ages

I wouldn't write off the rudder pedals so quickly, Joe. It opens up a whole new experience for your flight sim. In my case, I wouldn't fly without them. I have The USB yoke and analog pedals. And yes, I have to keep a joystick plugged into them to be recognized. But it's a small bother(?) as far as I'm concerned. If I'm not using the joystick, it just sits under my desk. But then it is already hooked up when I want to fly helicopters. I'd give it a chance if I were you. If you don't like it after the fact, then make a decision.Regards,Rick

Have you tried installing them using the generic 2 axis joystick drivers? I don't know if this will work because I don't have pedals, but the USB FS Yoke will work with analogue joysticks. I use my trusty old CH Flightstick as a "rudder stick."

Guest drobson

I have my old gameport version of the yoke hooked up, with the analog pedals. (I keep this yoke under the desk). This setup, in combination with a gameport to USB converter, gives me working toe brakes off the old analog pedals. I also have the USB yoke hooked up, which, of course is the one I use. If I had more desktop available, I could put the old yoke up, and have a co-pilot. Unfortunately, no room.Darrell

Hey thanks for all of the responses. I think im going to connect my old CH VP Pro yoke to the pedals and move it out of the way.Thanks again,Joe

You might want to try the analog drivers on the CH site (CHANLG08.EXE). They'll let the pedals (assuming they're Pro Pedals) run standalone by plugging the AuxPort connector into the Joystick connector. You won't need the extra yoke, and the toe brakes will be available.- BobThe StickWorkshttp://www.stickworks.com

Guest FS_freak

Hey Bob that's the best news I've heard in a while. I've been using the CH USB Yoke along with the analog CH Pro Pedals connected to a second joystick for some time now, and had resigned myself to never experiencing the toe brakes. However, I did use the 2 buttons on the joystick for engaging reverse thrust and deploying speed brakes after landing. Because of this I would like to keep my current configuration without plugging the aux connector into the joystick connector. Will the toe brakes work anyway after installing the drivers? How do I configure them in winMe and FS2K2?While I write this I'm trying to d/l the chanlg08 drivers from the CH homepage but it doesn't seem to work. Do you know of an alternate site?Thanks,Mauricio