Sign in to follow this  
Hornit

GA maker question

I installed GA maker and it seems to be working fine but I have one problem. I am trying to add some flights out of an airport in New hampshire. Its identifier is 8b1. It is a non tower airport and i have created scenery for it with APT 2.6 I am using AFCAD and have succesfully installed a tower and gates/parking spots. I then go into GA maker and attempt to call up the airport, but it does not see it. I am wondering if GA maker needs something else other than a tower or is it becuase I have modified the airport with APT 2.6? If you can't install GA traffic at the smaller airports than what use is this tool? I was hoping it would do this but I guess it will be good for the smaller tower controlled airports that GA maker does recognize. In the airport list for Ttools I see no smaller type general aviation airports with 3 letter identifiers, only the larger four letter ICAO ones. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it. Thanks,Hornit

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Use a Underscore "_" before the 3 charater ident. so it would be _8B1 instead of 8B1. By the way that info is in the manual (PDF) file :-)Brian

:)thanks Brian, I actually went back and read the manual again and did see this just a bit ago. I really did not see it while skimming the first few times today. I hate it when that happens. Hornit

Ok the _ before 8b1 or any other airport I try with 3 letters is not working either...anyone using this feature succesfully? I guess I will try a reinstall now.Hornit