Sign in to follow this  

Reality in the Stackup

Well now that I've upgraded to a faster machine and can run all the bells and whistles at full throtle, I've discovered a frustrating situation. When waiting in line to take off at a busy airport (say Washington-Dulles)there can be very large intervals while waiting for AI planes to approach. In real life several planes could be cleared and take off while waiting for some aircraft to make finals. I've waiting as long as 5 minutes for clearance with no plane in sight. Is there anyway to tweak the parameters so one can have more realistic time intervals between take offs and waiting for AI approaches??Just wondering, and thanks in advance.JEH

I think this is especially bad when using some modified adcad files that allow use of more than one runway...one landing and one take off. The sim still thinks about allocating air space for a single runway in dealing with AI. I've sat there while waiting on airplanes to land on ANOTHER runway....and mine is clear except for the 4 AI knuckleheads sitting in front of me.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

I have a very simple solution - TURN OFF AI traffic.Personally I don't allow anybody in my airspace !!!Degsy

What percentange do you have your traffic on? I turn mine down to like 60% even though my computer can handle the extra traffic. Much more than that creates too many problems like you discussed and don't even get me started on landing clearance in a busy pattern...

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

I have my traffic on about 40% and this seems to be decent allowing some activity, but you can come and go pretty freely.Hornit

While waiting run the sim at 2x simulation speed!Chet

All great responses....Thanks. I've set my traffic capacity at 90% because I wanted the most feel in traffic at these airports. However, waiting so long ruins this. I've not had the same problem while landing. I've often been on approach within 5 miles and heard clearance for 1rst in line and watched expectantly as they began their roll out hoping I don't get called for "go around". I think the program is set to give sim pilots some problems to deal with. That's why I'm hoping someone with more brains than I can figure where these codes are and a way to tweak them.Oh well.Best to all.