Sign in to follow this  
ulisses

A simple question...

Okay, I know some of you are going to laugh, but bear with me here.In FS2002,... in the display options... on the hardware page... where it says "Hardware Lights"... and you can set it between "1" and "8"...... correct me if I'm wrong... but that number determines the number of lights in the simulator that actually ILLUMINATE (light up) the objects that are near the light, right?In other words, if I have 3 beacons on the fuselage, and my hardware light setting is at "1"... only ONE of those 3 lights will actually illuminate the fuselage and anything near enough to the light. (Wings, engines, etc.)So, if I want all three of the beacons to actually illuminate the nearby objects, I would have to set my hardware lights to at least "3". Correct? But, no matter what my hardware light setting is, I will still see the beacons flashing, even if they don't illuminate the objects around them, right?Sorry if I sound childish, but I'm having a discussion with peeps on a different sim site, and there seems to be a very simple misunderstanding that I need to clarify.Thanks in advance!RH--------------"Oh, my GOD! We're running out of fuel!! Oh, wait. My mistake... that's the intercom light."

Howdy Red Honda,I am no Guru by any stretch of the imagination, but the Lights referred to on the hardware page of FS2k2, is a setting that affects your video card. It does not refer to the lights on your airplane except indirectly. For some of the more complex 3rd party aircraft, (mostly payware probably), the Lights should be set to at least a level 7 for all the bells and whistles, (and lighting systems of theses craft), to work properly. I leave mine set at 8. Perhaps a real Guru will come on and enlighten us further. I for one always look forward to that eventuality to occur. :D

The way I understand it is, it controls the number of light sources that will illuminate at any given instant. 3 would give you three sources at the same time and so on.

I never found the difference between 3 or 8 lights since all my sceneries have only one sun :)Ulisses