Sign in to follow this  

Hi all,I just got my new rig running, and need some advice on the nVidia 7800GT card. I have the latest drivers, and with all settings maxed out in the driver and fs itself, it's running at 60 fps with Cessna in easy environment, and 30-20 with Herc/PMDG 744/PS 777 at busy larger airports in complicated weather (ASV). For me this is fantastic, very fluid. But:1. In the Create flight and pick aircraft windows I don't see a preview of the planes.2. The FsForce trim display creates a full black line at the bottom of the screen, not just a square surrounding the number.3. Looking at the landscape in perspective, the ground gets blurryer in steps, with a very visible transision, like a line instead of gradual (see attached screenshot). 4. There's a lot of settings in the driver

>Hi all,>>I just got my new rig running, and need some advice on the>nVidia 7800GT card. I have the latest drivers, and with all>settings maxed out in the driver and fs itself, it's running>at 60 fps with Cessna in easy environment, and 30-20 with>Herc/PMDG 744/PS 777 at busy larger airports in complicated>weather (ASV). For me this is fantastic, very fluid. But:>>1. In the Create flight and pick aircraft windows I don't see>a preview of the planes.Known bug in the Nvidia driver when you use an AA mode above 4X like 8XS.>>2. The FsForce trim display creates a full black line at the>bottom of the screen, not just a square surrounding the>number.Probably related to the above.>3. Looking at the landscape in perspective, the ground gets>blurryer in steps, with a very visible transision, like a line>instead of gradual (see attached screenshot).Make sure you have anisotropic filtering on at 16X, High Quality mode, and LOD Clamp on in the driver advanced options.>4. There's a lot of settings in the driver

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thanks Ryan!For now I can live with the small issues in nr. 1 and 2 until a new driver shows up. For the rest of it your advices worked very well, thanks you very much!!!Eagle

Guest aihuntersandgatherer

Some great advise here! Especially the LOD clamp is a great tweak and has done wonders to improve my texture sharpness.Thanks a lot!Cheers,Alex YSSY

I'm using 7.7.7.7. The only issue is that 8xS AA creates problems for FSForce and the wonderful new Recorder module (Matthias, the recorder is not the problem, the nVidia driver is) and some other stuff. But with 4x AA it works just fine. Unfortunately the videocard developers don