Sign in to follow this  
Guest stevehow

Guest stevehow

early next year im upgrading.any recommendations on Video cards/Mobos all suggestions appreciated steve

One thing you should keep in mind is that the ATI x8xx series is getting very fast outdated because they dont have support for SM3.0, and because of that you wont see all the bells and whistles in the grahpics with new games. The x8xx series do have support for SM2.0b, but the trend seems to be "take a look at Age of empires 3" that newer games wont take advantage of 2.ob. Nvidias 6xxx also have SM3.0 but in my opionin wont be fast enough for newer games.So that leaves you with a card from Nvidias 7xxx or ATI 1xxx series, make your pick somewhere there, they will all do, but dont go further back the line, you will be sorry.OHN

Guest stevehow

Hi OHNi was looking at the SLI cards.i know that FS2004 doesn't make use of it ,hoping that the next version might?? BFG GeForce 7800 GTX OC 512MB GDDR3 VIVO TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail (GX-011-BG)this card at

Guest stevehow

hope you don't mind me asking you a few questions regarding your system..so many options...i was going to buy the amd4800 x2,but read that the amd400064 was faster when using FS2004.also definately now after reading your post i'm going to upgrade card,would you recommend the HIS 1800xt.??? thanks steve

Hi Steve,The HIS card is a good brand. I got it because it was the only one available in the country at the time. GeCube, Asus are also good brands :)The reason I went with a 4400+ was the 1MB Cache on each core. The lower models only have 512K on each core. That and it was too expensive for the latter model and it wasn't worth it for a whole 200Mhz more.I would recommend the HIS brand, or Sapphire, Gecube. All very good cards.

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers