Sign in to follow this  
Guest RichardL

Nvidia Driver 81.98 for FS2004

Guest RichardL

Sorry but I think I posted this is in the wrong forum folder. I just noticed that Nvidia has released driver 81.98. It apparently addresses some corruption and texture issues within FS2004 when using 6800 and 7800 videocards.Regards,Richard

Guest jgreth123

interesting... I'll have to check that out, as I have the 6800 ultra.Thanks for the heads up.

Guest Rayed

Works fine here, no corruption. Tested on 6800GT and 7800xt

Just curious - is anyone else seeing a ton of stuttering in spot view with these drivers? I really started noticing it a few hours ago and I don't have anything set differently than I did with the 70 series. Hope this is something on my end...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hey Ryan,I will let you know later today. I just got them up and running and if nothing else, I can FINALLY fly multi monitor dual card with an 8x series of drivers. I still have no aircraft preview in the select aircraft screen but this is the first time I dindn't have to revert to 78.05 so I am smiling (For now) I think we now need the folks at tweaksrus to give us an Extreme-G version...I will let you know, setting up a flight now...-PaulLiquid CooledAMD 4000 San Diego2 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2Dual 7800 GTX 24 inch widescreen dual 19 inch LCDRaid-0psolksig.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Paul - the black screen in aircraft selection is from having one of the "combined" AA modes like 8XS selected. If you use a pure multisampled AA mode like 4X, you'll see the plane...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Nope, I have always used 4x 8x and no luck there but I have bigger issues than that.... No luck with three monitors on two cards...-PLiquid CooledAMD 4000 San Diego2 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2Dual 7800 GTX 24 inch widescreen dual 19 inch LCDRaid-0psolksig.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

>Nope, I have always used 4x 8x and no luck there but I have>bigger issues than that.... No luck with three monitors on>two cards...Well that's odd - I'm using 4X AA w/MSTAA and 16X AF and I see the plane fine.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

Guest bobsk8

Finally a new Nvidia driver that works on my 6800 GTO...Just installed it, and the loading of scenery textures seems to be excellent. Hope it stays this way.....

Guest HAKU

Hi all, was just wondering if any of you were having problems with the shimmering and flickering with these drivers? I have had no texture corruption like most of you had, Just all my ground textures and lightpoles etc. have that annoying shimmering and flickering, I've tried all sorts of settings to no avail.. 2xAA,4xAA mips at 4 even lower, tried riva tuner, enhancer, nothing seems to work, I've just spent over $1,100 bucks upgrading my system, My old system was aIntel P.4 2.4ghzBFG 6800GT AGPxp home sp2new systemAMD 64 4000+ San DiegoXFX 7800GTX 256mb2gig OCZ 3200 Plattinumxp pro sp2The only diffrence I got from upgrading was going from 10 to 20 FPS of flickering & shimmering locked at 25fps To a steady 24.9fps of flickering & Shimmering, This really sucks? Is there any way to get rid of this defect?? I never used to have this problem at all, It all started after I installed some Megablurry?? I mean Megascenery products.. NY and San Francisco. I made the mistake of of letting the installer adjust the diffrent settings, which was recommended by the product. Ever since then I've had this problem, Thought that upgrading my system would get rid of this, even with a fresh install of windows and FS.. no luck here.. Have no Idea what to do next?? I really enjoy this fine hobby, just kinna sucks when you spend more time trying to get things to work properly rather than flying? spending my time in all of these forums trying to find a solution has become more of a hobby than FS.. I'm glad to hear a lot of you have got your issues worked out with new drivers... Nothing worse than spending alot of $$$$ for nothing?? lol.. Ohh well! live and learn they say... Aloha, HAKU

Make sure you've got "High Quality" turned on and all the "Optimization" settings in the Nvidia FS2004 profile advanced setting off. Those are what cause most of the banding and shimmering problems.As far as shimmering on the edges of trees, radio towers, power pylons etc - those are transparency textures and can only be AA'ed by a GeForce 7 series or X1xxx series card, which have transparency AA.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg