Sign in to follow this  
Guest RichardL

Nvidia Driver 81.98 for FS2004

Guest PaulL01

>Make sure you've got "High Quality" turned on and all the>"Optimization" settings in the Nvidia FS2004 profile advanced>setting off. Those are what cause most of the banding and>shimmering problems.>>As far as shimmering on the edges of trees, radio towers,>power pylons etc - those are transparency textures and can>only be AA'ed by a GeForce 7 series or X1xxx series card,>which have transparency AA.>Make sure you've got "High Quality" turned on and all the>"Optimization" settings in the Nvidia FS2004 profile advanced>setting off. Those are what cause most of the banding and>shimmering problems.>>As far as shimmering on the edges of trees, radio towers,>power pylons etc - those are transparency textures and can>only be AA'ed by a GeForce 7 series or X1xxx series card,>which have transparency AA.Any NV card starting and including GF2-GTS/GF4/GF5(X)/GF6/GF7 can AA transparent textures or alphas to get rid of shimmering.available settings using any decent NV tweaker:http://www.nhancer.com/help/AASamples.htmSimply use any supersampling or combo of (4sx/8sx etc) and you will AA aplphas, or simply check the AA box in FS9/display settings tab and you will get 2x1 supersampling in addition to what ever multisampling seting you choose from the driver settings.Note though that when you AA the alpha texture you will take a preety good performance hit...on the other hand by enabling tripple buffer for DX through DXtweaker it somewhat equalizes things. It is also a big misconception that "NV cards alpha the clouds" this statement is only true if you use supersampling or a combo as used in 4s/8s. But yes, 7800 serries card offer new more eficiant modes of blending alphas.

I'm still getting the texture issues with my 7800GT. This is royally pissing me off.Back to the 78.01's.

Guest HAKU

I have tried all suggestions and settings that I've read on most of these threads! Really Dissappointed! Tried all the diffrent drivers..This 7800GTX Kinna feels like I bought a Mercedes with a Volkswagon engine in it..lol! Actually I'ts not that funny..... Hope you all have better luck...

Guest hey_moe

Hi Paul sorry to hear you are having those proplems. We have kinda the same specs: Abit Fatal1ty AN8 SLi MB/ AMD Athlon 64 939 4800+ Processor/EVGA 7800 GTX/512MB of GDDR3/4 GIG OCZ High Performance DDR Memory/Zalman Reserator 1 water cooler/ 2 WD Raptor 10,000 rpm Drives in Raid O Mode/120 gig Maxtor back up drive/OCZ 520 Watt I have a suggestion before ya give up. Have you uninstalled them this way: remove the drivers from add and remove area, then use Drive Cleaner Pro in safe mode the reboot and use Drive Cleaner Pro again to make sure there aren't any left overs. Reboot one more time and install the new drivers and reboot and do a defrag...post what happen...Mike

Guest Rayed

After 2 days of testing I have a problem with this new driver. After a while I get some nasty flickering and blinking/disappearing of textures. My gfx card is not overclocked, my processor neither. Maybe it's a problem with "dual core optimalization" of those new drivers or I screwed up something with settings. It does not happen with 78.01 tho. I'll continue testing after holidays.

Guest RGH

Hi Tabs.Put the red tick back in the box in spot view it fixed it for me.Rex

Guest gregul

I made a small video of my screen, to show you the flickering with the latest drivers (81.98):http://greg.mein-server.ch/misc/bad_nvidia_driver.mov(QuickTime, 8MB)The difference to the 81.95 drivers on my system is: it starts after 3+ hours of flight. With 81.95 drivers I had this effect after a few minutes.All textures get kind of 'resetted' in short time intervals. There is also a small time warp of a few seconds every 'reset', so the plane is 'jumping'.After making the video, I ended fs9 and started it again. And guess what: the flickering was still there! I tried a few other settings in the display menu but with no luck. The only way to recover is to reboot my PC !!For now: Back to last known good drivers: 79.11RegardsGreg7800GTX, 256MBAMD X2 4000+Dualview with two monitors

Guest bobsk8

>I made a small video of my screen, to show you the flickering>with the latest drivers (81.98):>>http://greg.mein-server.ch/misc/bad_nvidia_driver.mov>(QuickTime, 8MB)>>The difference to the 81.95 drivers on my system is: it starts>after 3+ hours of flight. With 81.95 drivers I had this effect>after a few minutes.>>All textures get kind of 'resetted' in short time intervals.>There is also a small time warp of a few seconds every>'reset', so the plane is 'jumping'.>>After making the video, I ended fs9 and started it again. And>guess what: the flickering was still there! I tried a few>other settings in the display menu but with no luck. The only>way to recover is to reboot my PC !!>>For now: Back to last known good drivers: 79.11>>Regards>Greg>>7800GTX, 256MB>AMD X2 4000+>Dualview with two monitors I wonder if people have problems like this with ATI cards? I have a feeling that my next Graphics card will not be a Nividia, if drivers are going to be such a constant problem.

Guest Rayed

Yeah, that's the flickering I get, same thing. I have dual core AMD as well.Problem reported to nivdia, please report as well.P.S. It's not a problem with nvidia drivers/card in general, it's a problem with FS9 and nvidia drivers (8x version). I use professional version of Nvidia card (Quadro) and run much more complex applications that FS graphically and never have any problems. Same with 7800 and pretty much every other game I run, except FS9 - no problems.

HiHas any one had a problem with Java and these drivers?My second display "crashes" every time java is initiated - even from a website.Card Nvidia 6800GTCheersChris

Guest gregul

>Has any one had a problem with Java and these drivers?>>My second display "crashes" every time java is initiated ->even from a website.Yes! It's a known bug with this driver. Luckily there is a workaround:Put the following entry in your Windows System Environment Variables:Variable name: _JAVA_OPTIONSVariable value: -Dsun.java2d.d3d=falseGreg

Thank you Greg,but you have the advantage of me...Is that a Registry entry? If so, where?Sorry to be thick!Chris