Hey everyone. I just got my new system. I am VERY dissapointed to say the least. It is an AMD 4400x2 Dual core, WinXP, 2 gigs ram ,A8N5X MB, Nvidia 6800GS pci express 256 Video card. I tried loading my Aeroworx B200 at KSEA by flytampa, I couldn't get more than 15-17FPS with stutters when panning. What????!!!!! I said to myself. I don't have anything maxed out either. Frames locked at 30, scenery at dense, auto gen dense, clear skys. Why after spending over $1,300.00 do I have this mess? I have the latest drivers, bios and such. The system seems to work a tad better than my regular AMD2800xp+barton with 1.5gigs and an Nvidia6800gt AGP. Go figure that one out. I hear that this could be from a needed patch for dual cores?? I tried the link that was in another thread and it is a dead link. Can anyone help me out here with this frustrating problem? I am just blown away how bad this system is compared to my old system. (which has alot of problems now)I expected ALOT more. Where am I going wrong? I've been tweaking for a long time with FS9 on my other system and can't beleive what I am seeing here. I can't even set my AA over 4x with the 81.98 drivers or the screen does not display anything but black. There has to be a way to get this computer to unleash itself and to work better than it is I hope. I am totally lost for words. (now) Thanks so much in advance.

Guest baksteen33

Hi Jeff, perhaps check KB896256 @ MS? I don't know whether it does the same but AFAIK, the AMD site also offers a X2 fix. Hope this helps, good luck and kind regards Jaap

Hey Jaap, thanks for your reply. I got MS to send me the patch. I don't think it did much. I just realized however, I have onboard AC97 realtek sound...YUCK!!! I bet this is part of my problem maybe?? I notice some crackling and it sounds alot worse than my Nvidia on board did. I was told when I built the system, that the on board sound was also Nvidia. I do have a turtlebeach santa cruz card laying around. Do you, or anyone think this might be better? Like I said before, I am over budget at this point. I was also thinking of rolling back my drivers to 71.89 from 81.98 so I can use 8X AA. For some reason, any driver above 71.89 gives a black display. I have looked over and over everywhere, yet no one has answered this. Is anyone else here having this too? Nvidia, to my knowledge has done NOTHING to correct this either. Using 4x AA forces me to up my res to 1280X960 from 1152X864. I don't like running so high because it effects performance and ruins the life of the hardware ie: Video card and monitor, and looks like crap at 4X. I did complete a short hop in the Aeroworx B200 from KCOS-KDEN. It did run smoother than my other system, but I think it can do more. Maybe the Nvidia6800GS along with this on board AC97 sound is bottlenecking my system?? I don't have a clue. If anyone out there can help me, I would be so grateful. I've been at this since FS9 was released, and now that I have a good system, I would finally like to get what I have dreamed of. Good, stable, smooth performance with all my favorite scenery and aircraft add ons. Thank you in advance for any help with this. All my best everyone and again, thank you.

Hey Jeff, I feel your hardware pain. thats why PC games continue to do lackluster sales and consoles are where the money is at! It takes time, patience and money. Anyway, I highly suggest you disable the onboard soundcard in the BIOS and use the turtle beach pci card. Also check out the nvidia drivers here:http://omegadrivers.net/I am not a fan of nvidia anymore because of their poor drivers, but I love omegas ati drivers, he knows his stuff

Guest baksteen33

Hi Jeff, it's a pity the patch didn't do much. I agree you could give 'Santa Claus' a try. :-) Doesn't Greg 'Soarpics' use one too? Perhaps check his profile? HST, the soundcard alone shouldn't make much of a difference, maybe a frame or two? It's the little bits which will eventually add up. As far as I would dare to judge, you should be seeing a significant performance increase with your new rig, despite the almost identical video card on your old sys. Did you get yourself a better harddrive in the end? Now, I'm not too proficient with Geforces but another hardware forum user is reporting good results with one of the 84.xx drivers. Perhaps give it a shot? In case nothing helps, more infos on your display(s) and hardware/software in general would be helpful. For example; is it an online or offline FlyTendo? Etc. Do you use any further addons like an AI replacement? Did you activate Cool n' Quiet in the bios and install the CPU driver? What about killing some OS services? Something which can add a lot to smoothness in general are replacement clouds. I don't have a dual-core but maybe it helps to map FS to the 2nd core? What does dxdiag report? Hope this adds to thoughts, good luck and kind regards Jaap

Hi Jeff, I had initially the same problem with my new notebook. It is an Acer Travelmate 8200 with Intel Core Duo Processor T2500 (2.0 GHz, 667 MHz FSB, 2 MB L2 cache) with 2GB DDR2 It has also an AC97 Realtek sound card which, I agree with you is not the best. This notebook is equipped with a built-in 1.3 Mega webcam. At start-up, the system launches a utility called Acer VCM (voice connection manager). When I close this utility, I get stunning performances on this notebook. I would suggest you try with enditall or better, with FSAutostart if there isn't something running in the background that would prevent you from getting the expected performance.J.J.JJ StruyfBraine-L'AlleudBelgium

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI

Why would running at a slightly higher resolution reduce the life of your video card and monitor?I am looking at a 6800 / 7800GS to replace my aging Radeon 9800 Pro and I wouldn't even consider running it at any less than 1600 x 1200

Hey there, In reference to the life of the card and monitor at higher settings? Well, I heard this from several people. Who knows, it may be a load of ****. To update everyone on my system, I installed the patch by MS. I then took my system to my tech. We did get it running better. We also installed a Turtlebeach Catalina card. That did help alot. The only downfall, as it is a digital card, it has no 10 band EQ. Anyway, my tech asked me to set the sim to unlimited FPS. Yeh, it works ok, but with the Flight1 ATR installed, forget that option all together... MAJOR, MAJOR stuttering. Yet my Aeroworx B200 is working much better at KSEA by Flytampa. I ended up locking at 30FPS. I also have only 19services running now as before I had 21. I also tried the cool and quiet option driver, but turned it off as I think it works better without it. I need to get an honest opinion to this question. Will it be impossible to run FS9 totally smooth without some stuttering in certain situations? I would assume my Dual Core 4400 system with the Nvidia6800GS will perform much better with FSX when it comes out, as FS9 just lacks unleashing my computers power?? Am I chasing something that is not possible? Is anyone out there getting perfect, smooth performance with complex add-ons at airports like KSEA with scenery and autogen on dense without any noticable hit? It just really bothers me that I still have to use lower gauge settings with the ATR, and it still barely works. Why?? I only have the VC selected, no cabin. That ran much better on my old system. I just can't figure this out. I think I should just wait for FSX to get what I'm looking for (hopefully). I have gotten so obsessed with perfection, that I forgot what it's like to enjoy FS9 for over two months now. If I knew that I'm not the only one with a high end system that does not get perfect performance, I would feel ALOT BETTER. Also, has anyone found a driver that will allow 8X AA without a black disply? I just installed the new 84.21 drivers and Nvidia has again done NOTHING to fix this. I really wish I knew why? Thanks again to everyone who has been taking the time to help me. I am sorry for asking so many questions within one thread. Have a good night everyone.

the only way to get it running stutter free is fly with no ai traffic, and no weather, and no addon scenery, and not from the VC. inotherwords, wait for FSX and hope they get it right this time.I dont have an answer for nvidias drivers, but have you tried omegas drivers? also download a program called driver cleaner pro, its free. uninstall the nvidia driver from add/remove programs. reboot into safe mode, start driver cleaner, run cab cleaner and the sp cab cleaner first, then select everything nvidia graphics related and run the cleaner on that. restart, and now install the new drivers. maybe that will fix it?take care,

Guest hamish77

Jeff I totally understand how you feel..... I upgraded from a Pentium 2.8 to an AMD 4000 with a new ASUS 7800GT with 2GB of Corsair Ram and Audigy Sound card etc and had a wonderfully fluid sim with no stutters in Fly Tampa KSEA with all the addons for around about a month. My slider was set to 30fps and in the default bell you could fly around the airport with such fluidity it weas incredible..... then I started to get stuttering...as if the video card was re drawing every frame.... it was most annoying because my frame rate was good but the micro stutters made it feel a lot worse. In the end completely re formatted everything but still with a MSFS2004 in its default state with nothiong else on my hard drive I still have the stutters even if I put the sliders to the left they are still there.... so I reckon now its a hardware problem... when i can I am going to swop the video card and see if that helps!! It is most aggrevating knowing you can have a great fast wonderfully fluid sim and end up with stutter ####!!!!!

Hey guys,Alex, do you by chance have success running 8X AA with no problems? If so, could you tell me what settings you are using and what driver set? I wanted to try yours. The other problem I still have is crackling noise even with settings lowered for my sound card. On major thing I was wondering about is, I asked about the frontside bus speed on my MB. I was told its 400mhz. I wonder if this is a factor also? I have heard of boards with 2000mhz frontside bus. My shop tells me this has no factor with my set up. I am not convinced of that. What do you think? I am getting closer to getting what I want. I may replace the MB if it will help. Thanks again guys. I have to head off to work now. I'll check back late tonight or tomorrow. Have a great day everyone.

Hey everyone, OK, I went to add-remove programs and removed my nvidia display drivers. Rebooted in safe mode and used driver cleaner pro.(Thank you Alex) I rebooted but the nvidia drivers 81.98 or 84.21 still will not let me use 8X AA without a black screen in FS9 when in full screen mode. Why is this? I did try to install the older 71.89 drivers but for some reason, windows won't let me install anything but the newer ones saying it can't find compatable hardware on my system. By the way, I also went looking for the omega drivers but that site only has 66.93 omega? I think I was looking at Driver Heaven? Is there any made for my card 6800GS pci express card? I hear Nvidia made the 3rd party sites take down any current omega drivers or something like that? They really stink. How can I get my card to use 8xAA instead of the jagged 4X? The scenery, taxi lines etc... look crappy without it. Is anyone using 8X AA? I don't want to keep messing with things until I know what I can do. I am new with WinXP, as I've been using Win2000pro all along. I assume maybe I am not setting something correctly? Thanks for any input and sorry for my stupid, redundant questions. I just want to get things working as they should.

Hey Paul, thanks for your reply. I was thinking the same thing. It does seem to have less pipes. However, my 6800GT was AGP 256, the GS is pci express 256, so I would think it would be quicker. One problem I have now is I can't use 8X AA. If someone could please tell me if they figured a way to make that work, that would be great. I am calling my tech tomorrow because I may want to exchange my MB for one with a faster front side bus as long as I don't have to do a complete reinstall. The Mb I have has 400mhz. This makes no sense to me. My 3 year old machine had a 400mhz FSB.

Good afternoon everyone, Just checking in. Does anybody have input on this AA issue? I just need to know if there is a way to make it work. I have looked all over the web last night and this morning and can't find anything. I didn't know it would be this frustrating. Thanks!