Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

locking the pilots seat height after adjusting it

I know that when you press enter and the shift keys you can raise the pilots seat. But after you get the seat adjusted to the height you want is there a way of locking it so if you switch views to like the spot view, then go back to the cockpit view the seat will be the same height you set it at?

Hi Joseph29,There is no quick and easy solution to your problem. If you are always raising and lower your seat during a flight then I think there's no fix. If you want to permanently raise or lower your seat, there's a line in the panel.cfg file you can edit to change the seat height permanently. I'm not at my FS machine right now but I'm pretty sure this is the line to edit:VIEW_FORWARD_DIR= 2.0, 0.0, 0.0The first number is the one to adjust. I used 2 as an example for this. To raise the seat just use a higher number. To lower you can use lower as well as negative numbers. It takes some experimenting but it's great once you have it nailed.I've adjusted all of my aircraft panels configs to fit what I would like to see. Most aircraft out there for FS2K2 have the seat way too low, especially for airliners.Hope this helps.Cheers,JohnBoeing 727/737 mechanic

Guest Stamatis

John,VIEW_FORWARD_DIR= 2.0, 0.0, 0.0Actually, the above suggestion changes the angle of view.To permanently change the eyeview height you have to edit the relevant aircraft.cfg entry.Stamatis

Hi Stamatis,That is correct. The panel config edit does the same as the Shift-Enter, Shift-Backspace seat height adjustment commands which adjust the angle of view. Cheers,JohnBoeing 727/737 mechanic

Try adjusting the eyepoint in the VIEWS section of the aircraft.cfg.Two clicks of shift/ctrl/enter/backspace equals approxamately a 0.1 adjustment.

To adjust the viewpoint of the virtual cockpit view, and while in the virtual cockpit you adjust these numbers in the aircraft.cfg file:Open up your aircraft.cfg file and look for this section:(Views)/eyepoint=28.8,-2.2, 3.2eyepoint=35.0,0.0, 3.2The first number moves the VC forwards or backwards.The second number moves the VC left or right of center.The third number moves the VC up or down.

Guest Stamatis

These are the entries I referred to when I replied above.However, they do not affect the eyepoint placement only in VC, as you seem to suggest, but also in normal view mode.Stamatis

Thanks all! This is exactly what I was looking for, I'm tired of adjusting the seat if I switch views then having to adjust the seat again when I go back to the cockpit view.