Hi allPerhaps someone has tried this and can give me some advice and the pro's and con's of this idea:I have a pc with a builtin sound chip. For better performance and sound, I added an Audigy ZS and disabled the onboard chip. But could I use the onboard chip for, say, Game Commander or Teamspeak and keep the FS sounds on the Audigy? I'm a careful guys, so I don't want to just try it. My system works execllent, and I wouldn't want to see it messed up if it chokes on 2 sound cards.TIA & BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

Just a little bump to keep it on page 1 - but as no one has replied, I guess no one has tried it, so I'll just do this one bump.BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

I tried it a few years back, but with two sound cards, not one sound card plus onboard sound. It worked fine for FS and allowed me to have FS sounds come out one card and VATSIM ATC voice come into my headphones. I can't exactly remember why I pulled the second card from my computer, but it was either because I needed the second card for another computer or there was a slight problem with another application and two sound cards. Nonetheless, there is no harm in trying!Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 5200x5200 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

I think Mike Gilbert of Microsoft talked about using two sound cards, one for voice, and one for the sim. So it's possible.I may investigate it one of these days, as I have AC97 + a SB Audigy 2 I am using.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2.5 ghz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (94.47), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest fireflyfx

Modern DJ-ing software such as Ableton Live allows you to have separate audio outs using just one soundcard (even with AC97 onboard). You simply select a quad speaker set-up in the soundcard software- and then assign what would normally be the rear speaker surround mix to your headphone monitors. Would be nice to see this implemented in FSX.

Guest Andy Dyson

I have used this style of setup since FS2002:Onboard sound: Headset for VATSIMPCI sound card: Simulator soundsAlso, it works well for everyday use as nearly every program (Skype, MSN, Teamspeak) allows you to configure individual devices. That way, for example, you could be talking to your mate on Skype and listening to some tunes through your speakers!