Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

CPU Cooler? Zalman?

Guest SoarPics

Ryan, check out Thermalright's compatibility chart: http://www.thermalright.com/This is what they say about the XP-120C on the A8N32-SLI Deluxe: "The overhanging fins from the XP-120 will slightly come in contact with motherboard

Wow, how come you don't have that PCIe - 1x slot above your first PCIe 16x slot?I have my video card covering the first PCI slot so if I were to get a bigger GPU I'd have to move my X-fi sound card all the way down to the bottom....Is there anything I can do to cleanup the cluster poop in my case? The problem is that my side window fan connects to that extension PSU cable in the middle, then runs to those wires that sit on top of my GPU, I don't see how else I could move those...And yeah I could move the cable over the fan if I got a new one but what about my other PSU cables....they don't flex too well, but are modular, which is nice....is there some wire mesh stuff I could get to put them in? I'd really like to clear up the mess around my cooler....

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Its a A8N-SLI premium not the 32 deluxe, so the layout is different. I intended to SLI this w/2 7900's instead of just the one, and I needed room for my "56K Modem" and sound card. Yep you heard right, modem ..And cables suck - period. If you end up with that new cooler, you'll probally have to do some moving around anyways. You might be able to move that one group "above" it, and maybe tie it to your PSU to keep it up. But I wouldn't sweat the other stuff at all.Who cares what it looks like - it's how it flys that matters ;)Garett

I found out something interesting today from a guy "Merc" on the Asus Independent forums... quote"One of the little tricks on the A8N32 is that you definitely want to enable CPU overvolt if you are overclocking. It stabilizes the Vcore and takes all that system stuff you are seeing out of the equation. It is almost a safety switch in that with CPU Overvolt disabled the board will continually try and adjust your Vcore. When you enable CPU Overvolt you turn the safety off and the board will do exactly what you want it to do. Vcore stays rock solid and droops only about .03v under heavy load. Consider it the Overclocking switch rather than the overvolt switch."I thought that to be very neat....no wonder Greg and I had quite the time getting the volts up LOL!!I thinkI will go with the XP90-C whenever it gets back into stock, and a high-RPM panaflow fan with sensor???Would these work ok?http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16835109122http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16835705011

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |