Sign in to follow this  
ABE

Graphics card for video and FSX

I realize that the top display card is Nvidia 8800 GTX. But I need a card capable of video capture. The 8800 does not have that capability.I am considering the ATI 2900XTX, less powerful than the 8800, but has video capture.Also I need a card that supports 2 monitors, Dell 30" and Dell 27", both require DVI-I connections.Appreciate any help.Thanks.Abe

Just bumping to see if anybody missed this.

I just got a XFX 7300GT card from tigerdirect.com at 104.00 with 30.00 rebate, has 2 DVI connectors and VGA adaptor, not sure if it will work for you.DannyPS 512 MB

Thanks Danny. But I need a card with 2 DVI-I to support my 2 monitors of 30" and 27" and be able to capture video.Abe

I am assuming you meant the 2900XT as the XTX is now defunct due to less than expected performance.The 2900XT is pretty much on a par with the 8800GTS 640mb version.It wins some benchmarks against it, but loses in others. Swings and roundabouts.......The 2900XT is typically found a little higher $ than the 8800GTS, but if you need the video capture function, you won't mind.Glenn

Thanks Glenn.I am aware of the 2900xt and I have seen some of the benchmarks. And I did mention earlier that the 8800 edges it for display, but I want the 2900, like I mentioned before, for essentially video capture and FSX.I did hear that ATI is coming up with the 2900 XTX with 1Gig of ram. Are you sure that is not true? It would NOT come about?Thanks.Abe