Sign in to follow this  
W2DR

Startup Situation

Please could someone help - I have loaded a situation on opening FS2002 which has been corrupted and I cannot get into the program. I would therefore like to reselect the original Cessna at Meigs startup situation but do not know which files to copy and overwrite to rectify the situation. Please could someone help!! Thanks!!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Go to the main FS2002 folder and delete the file named FS2002.cfg (this is the file which points to the bad startup situation). FS2002 will automatically rebuild this file the next time the program is started. This will get you back to the way it was setup on the original installation.Doug

Doug's suggestion will work but you'll lose all your settings. A slightly more friendly way is to open FS2002.CFG, locate the USERINTERFACE section and find the following entry... (this is mine)SITUATION=F:FS2002FLIGHTSmyfltsPrevious flightDelete everything after the = sign (just on that line), save FS2002.CFG and reload FS. It should put you back at Meigs in the Cessna and hopefully with all your settings preserved.Hope that helps!

Hello Doug and Ray! Many thanks to both of you for speedy solutions to my problem-I am back up and running! This is the beauty of the net that I think so many people take for granted - I sit in South Africa and within a few hours have my problem solved! It is great to have guys like you to help! Thanks again !

Doug and Ray I thank you both very much - I am up and running thanks to your advice - this is the beauty of the net! I sit in South Africa with a problem and thanks to guys like you I have a solution in a few hours! Many thanks again for your helpBrian

It would have never occurred to me to do it that way Ray. Good tip. Thanks.Doug