Sign in to follow this  
Guest william273

Radeon 7000 Series

Guest william273

i got the Radeon x1650 to replace my Radeon 9600 AGP which wasn't a smart move in my opinion. i'll spare you the details but i don't recommend this card at all.am considering the Radeon 7300 or one of the 7000 series i saw at Best Buy. can anyone compare them to my x1650 or 9600? i running an AMD 2.4 gig CPU with 1-1/2 gigs of ram and a 24 in. widescreen.all sliders maxed out but using 2D clouds. i get excellant performance on my 9600 but not as good on the x1650. resolution is 1024x768.i'd like to run at 1200x1600 and was hoping a good video card would get me there but am having doubts now, that's why i'm posting this. maybe i can't get that high on my machine and will have to use 1024x768 which is ok but the higher res looks SOOOOOOOOO beautiful. if i need to i can put my 9600 back in but like i said i am wondering about the 7300. it's one of that series but don't remember which it was. i was there sunday and think it was the 7300. can anyone tell which way to go on this? it's early in the morning now and am getting ready to go to work so i may forget to post some other useful info, sorry and thanks, william

HelloReally old and slow cardsFind an AGP X850XT on ebay if you run FS9 or an AGP X1950Pro if you run FSX

Guest william273

glad to know that, thanks man. william