Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Polling other's comments on the following specs....and thanks!

GeForce has been having problems with textures bleeding through and I hear their driver support for FSX isn't that great. If you want GeForce, stick with what you have. If you dont mind spending a little more, look at the 3870x2.Other than that, I can only imagine FSX will be pretty smooth. :)

yummyMight as well toss in a 8800GTX, if you've got the cash to spend, otherwise I'd go for the GTS 512 if you play other games too. I you only play FS then the GT is the way to go, or yes the 3870x2 if you prefer ATIAs far as 4GB of RAM goes, you'll want Vista x64 for that.... 3GB (2x 1GB + 2x 512mb pairs) will suffice with Vista x86 Home Premium

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest D17S

Be sure to go with the 64bit op system. With all the sliders to the right, the default airplanes will get 30+. PMDG, 15-20 below 5000 feet. But autogen and AI Must stay Totally off. We just don't have the horsepower (or the multicore optimization) yet. As you bring in the AG and AI, frames will Tank. You can have a bit, but not much. GEX (and a good landclass) is our savior. With GEX, you just don't need AG above 2-3000'. If you want the rest, it'll cost ya another $3K. Even a $17,000, octi-core Skulltrail won't help. FPS wise, FSX is not about dual v quad v octi core. It's about raw clock on core #0. (BTW, you need >5ghz, and even then you'll need more.)