Sign in to follow this  
PittsS2B

Seventh Circle of Nvidia

I'm about ready to bin my two-month-old 8800GT card in favor of something from ATI, but I'd thought I'd ask for ideas here first. I've had reasonable success over the last year using Nhancer 2.3.2 to enable AA in FS9 with my old 7600GT and the new 8800GT, but after experimenting with a few settings in Nvidia control panel, my AA and AF are gone, and they aren't coming back. I've done the usual procedure of reinstalling Nhancer, copying the stock profile to disable it, and setting up a new profile pointed at the FS9 exe, but after 8 hours of tweaking, changing drivers, reinstalling profiles, and even going to the new beta version of Nhancer, I'm out of ideas. Any help appreciated.Currently running Vista 32 and the 169.44 drivers in FS9 only.John G.

John G.

Wow, I guess maybe I'm getting my answer from my post a minute ago. I am using XP for FS9 and of course all is very well with my 8800GT. I was about to install Vista on a new drive for FSX, but wow, this seems like a bad idea. Perhaps I'll just cont with XP for all my flight sim needs and just dabble in Vista 64 until things look better.I will probably upgrade my video card when AMD-ATI comes out with their next gen new part. I have a Crossfire capable mobo so would like to use that some day, CrossfireX with an X2 from teh next generation from ATI.QX9650 w/ Retail HSF|8GB Muskin PC-6400|ASUS P5E|EVGA 8800GT @700|Seagate SATA 2 x 4|Seagate Cheetah 15K.x|XP Pro|Vista 64--soon to be installed

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I don't know if Vista is the ultimate source of my problem, but if your XP setup is working for you, my advice is....don't change it!Actually, I've had very few problems running FS9 in Vista, after tweaking it heavily to reduce some of the overhead and security "features".....until now.John G.

John G.

John,Try the new 174.74 beta drivers Nvidia just released - they got rid of that "Enhance Only" AA flag that's been causing problems forever. Set the FS9 AA box to off and you should be able to set the AA level with nhancer (use the latest beta 5 version of that).

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thanks for that tip, Ryan; I didn't realize that about the 174.74's. I was finally able to get AA to work with Nhancer by deleting the Program Data/Nvidia folder manually on my last driver reinstall, which apparently included a bunch of old modified profiles that were gumming up the works. Now, to fly instead of the endless tweaking!John G.

John G.