Sign in to follow this  
garydpoole

ATI to NVidia Upgrade - What's the "Cleanest" Way ?

Hi ThereI'm in the process of upgrading from an ATI to a NVidia graphics card and would like some advice on the cleanest way to remove any traces of the old ATI drivers.Obviously i'll uninstall the drivers first. After that i tend to use RegCleaner to look for any traces of old ATI drivers etc. Does this seem a sensible approach or are there any specific tools available that makes the process fullproof ?Many thanks for any helpGary

Guest djt01

>>Does this seem a sensible approach or are there any specific>tools available that makes the process fullproof ?>Other than a reformat (fresh OS) there is nothing out there that is really

>Hi There>>I'm in the process of upgrading from an ATI to a NVidia>graphics card and would like some advice on the cleanest way>to remove any traces of the old ATI drivers.>>Obviously i'll uninstall the drivers first. After that i tend>to use RegCleaner to look for any traces of old ATI drivers>etc. >>Does this seem a sensible approach or are there any specific>tools available that makes the process fullproof ?>>Many thanks for any help>>Gary>>Wait for the new ATI 4000 series. May be out by end of June.Get 'Driver Sweeper' from Guru3d.com

Guest D17S

Here are the free ones:http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=745http://www.guru3d.com/index.php?page=driversweeperUninstall the ATI driver and all related ATI components in Add-Remove programs. Delete all ATI related directories, then boot into Safe Mode. Run Both of these driver cleaner freewares . . . several times. Run your regcleaner and reboot. Short of a format, that's about as clean as it's gonna get.Install the Nvidia driver and reboot one more time. Now, delete the FSX.cfg file and let it rebuild on the first FSX start. - Done - . Do Not install nHancer off the bat. The latest Nvidia drivers work fine. If you want to play later, then you'll know what did the deed.The GTX280 is coming next week. Wanta be our test pilot? We'll see if it helps.