Sign in to follow this  
brucets

175.19 drivers run FSX great on my 8800 Ultra, but ---...

on FRAPS video clips there is no sound on play back! Could these drivers be the the reason? Anyone else have this problem?Bruce

Hi Bruce,How are you keeping? We are still reminding ourselves of that wonderful trip through the Rocky Mountain National Park :)Thought I'd bump this for you as noone has responded so far.I'm afraid the only suggestion I can make is to try the effect of reinstalling FRAPS and see whether that corrects the problem. Should take but a moment to find out.Perhaps you have already managed to resolve this issue.Best regards,Mike :-wave

Hey, Mike!! Good to hear from you!I rode about 340 miles yesterday through RMNP over Trail Ridge Road and back through Walden and over Cameron Pass to Ft. Collins etc. Lots of snow this winter had the creeks and rivers full and the valleys lush green. Absolutely gorgeous!! You and Lexie would have loved it!!I did re-install FRAPS and no joy. It may be a driver thing. I'll try a new sound driver. I bought a new hot rod PC a couple months ago. Last week I had to re-format the hard drive and re-load everything (don't ask). It was after that I discovered the lack of sound on FRAPS clips playback. I'm not a great computer guy, as you know, but I'll get it resolved sooner or later.Thanks for the bump! Hope you and Lexie are well. If you get back here you know you have to come see us!!All the best and a big hug for Lexie!!! Judy says HI as well!!BrucePS - Here's a link to a Mothers Day Video I made. You can see Judy and the family. Other recent videos are there as well.http://blip.tv/file/900484

Hi Bruce,What a nice video. Great to see you both again :)Lexie and I watched it together this evening. You really do a terrific job with your videos. I wish I possessed that talent.Sorry to hear about your computer travails - I feel your pain. never mind, it's all gris to the mill and you'll soon be able to give yourself a pat on the back once the problem has been unraveled.Is that the same bike Lexie and I saw during our visit - she's a real beaut - the bike that is...or should I have rephrased that..LOL!Please give our best to Judy.Regards,Mike

Mike -Glad you enjoyed the video.No, that's a new bike. Number 53! Six weeks old and I got 2400 miles on it already.I have tried a couple different video drivers and no success. I'll look for sound drivers next. This computer stuff is absolutely maddening!! Keeps me out of the bars though!! (sort of)Here's a video of a day trip to a couple old gold camps (last week) I just now posted. http://blip.tv/file/1044733Best!!Bruce

Bruce all I can say is, the 175.19 driver is buggy.I heard that first on the 'net, and then a few days later, I started having stability problems with it on my system. I have never seen this message before now, after messing with these things for 23 years now: "The display driver has stopped functioning, but has successfully restarted".After that message appeared, the system was essentially FUBAR'ed until I would reboot. Then often it would happen again after a period of time.This is consistent with some of the issues reported with the 175.19's and I have since gone back to 169.xx WHQL's.I say all of this, because it may be related to your sound cut-outs. Be wary of the 175.19 driver.Regarding Rocky Mtn Nat Park, I too have been there. In fact I have torn up the Crooked Creek Saloon over in Fraser/Granby, Co. many times. :) That is really a neat park and it is one of the few places where I have been snowed upon in July. hehe.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Hey Rhett!! Mike too!After trying 3 different GPU drivers, all of which worked perfectly(including 175.19), a sound card driver update, and a complete re-install of FSX I found the problem. In the Control Panel/Sounds and Audio Devices I found that the volume slider for *Recording* was all the way at the bottom!! Geeze! About two whole days wasted on this!!! I did leave a 169 series driver in place though.Hey, I'm a Colorado lounge lizard from way back. Don't remember the Crooked Creek, but have closed up the Grandby Inn several times in the 70s and early 80s. We moved from DEN to FLL in 85 and just got back here in Nov 2006. I have been re-aquainting myself with all the old haunts, many of which have changed or died. I started collecting pictures for a Watering Holes Of the Past video. Here's a video of a bike ride last Fall to a couple great saloons in Wyoming!!http://blip.tv/file/1048400If ya ever get over Denver way we'll go honky tonk'n!!Bruce