Sign in to follow this  
Tanocapo

Hardware recommendation - need your help guys!

Hi everybody!!! By the end of the week, i'm gonna buy a new computer. In fact, i'm gonna assemble it myself.What i need from you is that you could tell me if my future specs would run fsx really smooth in a decent way.Future specs:Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600Asus P5N-E SLINVIDIA 8800 GT 512MB or NVIDIA 9600 GT 512 MB2x 2Gb Kingston 800Mhz dual channelVTB-MD0 MASTER case550 Watts COL-55-B-PFC power supplyI already have 2 sata hdds in my actual machine. If you think that something could perform better than that pls tell me. Saluti and thanks in advance

Ignacio aka Tanocapo

Planning on overclocking? If yes, then you have selected very good bang for buck components that should see an overclock to around 3.6GHz. You may want to add a good bang for buck aftermarket HSF (like the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro which can be found for as low as US$30) to keep your CPU happy at this speed.If no, then I'd replace the CPU with either an E8400 or an E8500. Yes you lose two cores, but the higher native clock speed and next gen architecture of these CPUs will more than compensate.Finally, this system will get you about 90% of the fastest you can buy for FSX out there. If you want that extra 10%, be prepared to pay up to 100% more!Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

>Planning on overclocking? >>If yes, then you have selected very good bang for buck>components that should see an overclock to around 3.6GHz. You>may want to add a good bang for buck aftermarket HSF (like the>Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro which can be found for as low as>US$30) to keep your CPU happy at this speed.>>If no, then I'd replace the CPU with either an E8400 or an>E8500. Yes you lose two cores, but the higher native clock>speed and next gen architecture of these CPUs will more than>compensate.>>Finally, this system will get you about 90% of the fastest you>can buy for FSX out there. If you want that extra 10%, be>prepared to pay up to 100% more!>>GaryHi Gary!About planning on OC: not at first. That's way i thought in a quad core in the first place. Maybe in a near future i'll start oc'ing. A HSF is hard to get down here(i'm from Argentina) and you couldn't find something similar.Thank you for sharing your knowledge and giving me those valuable tips, Gary!!

Ignacio aka Tanocapo

Guest harleyman52

Stay with the Quad..I run the Q6600 @ 3.42 and it rocks.....Both your Vid card choises are at the bottom of the series....I would consiter something better there...And I would boost your PSU to min. of 750 so you can SLI later if you want.... Check your MoBo for compatibalty on that....Onboard sound?Forget cooling... get a good case and run the quad on air..I have two on air and they run fine..Plus Intel Q6600 has a limiter that will saftly shut it down should it ever got to hot....So its safe on air...I would boost the ram some. Or double it...(4 x 1 ).You didn't mention your OS I don't believe..But I use Vista 64 and have no issues with OOM errors....That case only has two fans..here is what I use..It takes up to 7-9 fans ..I forget..Mine has 7 (120mm) fans...http://www.coolermaster.com/products/product.php?language=en&act=detail&tbcate=17&id=17