Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mark_A

Matrox TH2GO / Widescreen

I currently have a 19inch 4:3 LCD, I've been thinking about upgrading to TH2GO for a while but it's costly.Some questions I have: - If I just upgrade to a 24inch widescreen will it give me more field of vision over a standard 19inch LCD, or will it just strech the view? - Does TH2GO work with 3 widescreens? I was thinking of buying 3 small widescreens. Is there any reason not to use widescreens in this setup?I have a 8800GT vid card.ThanksMark

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Mark- A single monitor, whether 19 or 24", will show only View Forward- which is a 45

In reference to VC view, would a 24" widescreen LCD running at 1920X1200 give more lateral vision than the 19" at 1280X1024? I'm guessing at 1920 vs 1280 it will but I don't have the monitor to check.The TH2GO looks great but it's costly, if a 24" WS LCD can give me nearly double the VC lateral vision I may be happy with that.ThanksMark

The 19" has an aspect ratio of 1:1.25 whereas the 24"W has an aspect ratio of 1:1.6Consequently you get 28% more field of view with the 24"W. No where near Double ..just over a Quarter more!RegardsJim