Sign in to follow this  
c152flyboy

considering a Matrox TH2GO?

purchased the digital TH2GO last week, though right now i am using 3 15" LCD alalog monitors (got them for free so i could not pass it up ) and i thought i would give you my impresions so far. overall set up and the visuals are great, it took just a few minutes to set everything up and within a few minutes i was flying with a whole new perspective. the bezel manager is great and takes care of the offset horizon and other problems where things dont line up nicely. the black verticle bars on the left and right side of the screen are not even noticeable after a few minutes.now i may have some teaking to do because i notice that the right and left monitor show terrain slightly stretched and distorted and someone may know why that is and how i can slove that problem. also the VC cockpit looks amazing but he 2D panel looks real stretched and almost unuseable. eventually i want to be using 3 22" monitors, i already have one now that i use as a 4th monitor for GPS and COMM but the 1680X1050 is what i am shooting for and TH2GO lets you do that now as well withthe right GPU. as for frame rate or blurries, i have not really noticed much of a difference from jus tthe 22" to the 3 monitors. right now i am using a intel Pentium D 820 and get about 7-12 FPS with high settings and MED AI over busy airports and about 18 everywhere else. the next step is to upgrade CPU, trying to decide between E8600 or the Q9650.

Another TH2G convert - welcome to the club!Re CPU upgrade, yes that is your next best upgrade. If you are not overclocking, I'd go for the E8600 - 1/2 the cost of the q9650 and about the same, if not slightly better, FSX performance. Actually, I'd go for the E8500 - 1/3 the cost of the q9650 and about the same FSX performance.Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11