Sign in to follow this  
Guest Markyboy

Project AI

Guest Markyboy

I got a question for anyone that is familiar with the project AI stuff. I just used the new installer to install all of the new version installers. I then ran each of the old installers and I also used the new installer to remove the default general and commercial traffic. When I went to my local airport it was dead. I have a panel that has a TCAS and there was nothing on it either. This struck me as being very odd and I checked out my flightplans to find I only have 2735 flight plans. Surely this is not right is it? I thought that there was a whole load more, or is the difference the complete removal of the default traffic? Does anyone else out there have a flightplans.txt file for all of the project ai stuff that they could send me, or could someone please offer me some kind of help with this. I previously ran project ai on my last system and it was very busy round my local airport so I know something is not right.Thanks,Markyboy.

hi,You have to install all of the old version installers too. I installed all of the new version installers and the old installers and got 10000-18000 flightplans. Andrew

And be sure to check all aircraft.cfg after installation.I had several where there were duplicate fltsim.x sections leading to aircraft not showing up.Happens mainly when the number of repaints jumps over 10 for a single aircraft I think.

Guest Markyboy

Whilst I appreciate you guys taking the time to respond to my question, i would have appreciated it more if you had taken the time to read my post. I have installed ALL of project ai OLD & NEW and only have 2735 flight plans, I have already been through all aircraft configs and this is not the problem. Traffic tools companion tells me that there are no duplicates in either aircraft, airports or flightplans. So if someone else that can read a post properly may be able to offer some help I would be grateful.

First, you might want to visit the Project AI forums for information. Secondly, I think what you did was eliminate all your commercial airlines by using the new installer remove all commercial airlines file. I have posted on several forums my recommended procedure for using the old and new installer. Here is a short version:Check your fs2002aircraft folder for default.dp. If missing, retrieve from your fs2002 CD #1 using an unzipping program. Search the *.cab files and extract default.dp and place in the folder noted.Method 1 - reinstall the old/new installer airlines files. If that doesn't work, go to Method 2. Method 2 - Start over. Remove all the old installer files using their uninstaller menus placed on your menu. Once you have them removed, retrieve the default traffic.bgl from your fs2002 CD #2 using an unzipping program. Place the default file in your fs2002scenedbATCScenery folder overwriting any existing traffic.bgl.Delete the PAI A300 through PAI MD80 files in your fs2002aircraft folder.Use the old base installer, setup_base.zip, remembering to add the General Aviation (GA) aircraft, and pointing to your correct folder for fs2002. Download from Project AI, Unofficial Downloads, Utilities file paiFDE_v2.zip and any light fixes you want. Unzip paiFDE_v2.zip and follow the directions for updating the aero files and light files you downloaded.Install the old autoinstaller airlines you want that don't have new autoinstaller.Download the new installer 1.19d, if necessary, and install.Download the new airlines for the new autoinstaller and install. Do a small one first and ensure it installed. The remainder can be conducted in batch or single mode, your choice. DO NOT use the UNINSTALL COMMERCIAL download or you will remove all the files you just added.Lastly, mostly all the posters on these forums volunteer their answers. Please be polite or you'll find yourself not getting any answers. It is very easy to jump or a poster's name associated with shortsidedness.

Guest Markyboy

I think that you will find that I have not been impolite to anyone. So whilst I thank you for your response I do not thank you for your last comments, if people do not take the time to read someones post before they reply to it, then offer a suggestion which has clearly been stated in the first line of the original post as done already then I am sorry, what is the point in answering? And what is the point in defending such ignorance? just because someone replied voluntarily? and as far as people not replying goes, well if they are going to tell me to do something that is clearly stated has been done already then what am I losing out on?Thanks again for your help.Markyboy.