Sign in to follow this  

Second Monitor - please advise!

Hi,Having done both, the easist way is to plug in another monitor. There is no impact on frame rates unless you try to open a second 3d window on the other monitor. I have had a lan setup and several times it has crashed leaving me with hours of work setting it up again.Edhttp://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Guest Shayt

Thanks, I will try it.Since I never done it before, is just drug and drop for the applications I want to move to the second monitor?Shay

After you connect your second monitor, right click on the desktop, select properties, click on settings, click on your second monitor to enable it. After the second moitor is enabled, it,s just drag and drop to second monitor.Ed

Guest Lobaeux4

I've got both setups on my rig. Don't fly online a lot though, unfortuanetly with VATSIM's new rules, I don't get enough time to fly online. I have to be able to get up from the flight to do the odd chores around the house and such. I use the second monitor on a second PCI video card for FMC and throttles, usually with PSS or PIC (btw, how can I change the .BMP for the throttles on the PSS A320 to coexist with the FMC?), then I use a networked computer to run RC 3.0, S-COMBO, and FSFlightmax. Works like a champ. Can't seem to get ActiveSky running on the second computer, can't get that one to hook up to the internet through my main computer, ICS won't seem to load on the client (damned Win98). Lobaeux

You have a second video output you are not using??? Go to the Salvation Army and pick up a used monitor for about $8 and use it to display an FMC, overhead, or radio panel. You won't notice any decrease in performance and it is simple to do. As for VATSIM, I think you will do better to use it on a second computer. It's amazing how many extras you can load up on an old second computer and it will work fine (great, even!). I like to have SB and Roger Wilco on that one, in addition to Active Wx.David

> can't >get that one to hook up to the internet through my main >computer, ICS won't seem to load on the client (damned >Win98). I sympathise; ICS is great when it works, but I often find I have somehow lost my TCP/IP interconnectivity. Rebooting usually fixes it. You can check TCP/IP interconnectivity by accessing the MSDOS prompt and typing Ping 192.168.0.1 {return}This should return the loop time delay if all is working properly. This only works from the ICS client to to ICS host. I have never found the right address to ping in the opposite direction (I tried 192.168.0.0, .2, .3 etc but without success).