Sign in to follow this  
HUSSAR

Painting problem issue with files supplied by Wilco

I am having a problem with the Wilco A319 where I am trying to place 3 lines (10 pixels each) near the rear door curving up to the tail and the lines become jagged as they curve upwards. I am not particularly convinced that it is the actual .bmp file rather it may be the file related to the programming and where the applied colors & lines, doors, windows etc are supposed to go, like say perhaps the .air or .mdl file, I am not sure which one.For curiosity sake I would like to know which file it is that is responsible for placing colors, objects etc. onto the aircraft.Thanks.

\Robert Hamlich/

Could you post a picture so we can see exactly what you're describing?I sounds to me like the bmp is being distorted as you progress up the tail. The controlling file would be the model (.mdl).. unfortunately the only people who can edit those are the developers.

Here you go. I will try to paint on the A320 and see if that changes anything. This is not my first encounter with Wilco regarding modelling problems. There is a model editor, not sure if it would work with Wilco .mdl file and I really do not want to mess around with it.A319CJ.jpg

\Robert Hamlich/

Morgan is absolutely right about this.This is caused by the mdl file and as Morgan said, you can do nothing about it.There is no program wich enables you to fix it.The original modeller perhaps could , but it s not very likely he will.Nevertheless this problem can be solved.Solution is as simple ( in theory ) as logic.Now you have a perfect texture wich shows not fine on the model.You`ll have to make a texture with an opposite distortion wich will be shown correctly on the model.To solve this in a quick way you need a program called FSRepaint (by Abacus ,there is a free demo for FS9/FSX available via their website )Then you`ll be able to adjust the lines on the fuse and their joint to the vertical stab as well.I hope for you this Wilco plane will load in FSRepaint.If not , you have a real problem , wich still can be solved with blood, sweat and tears.FS9 model probably will , FSX model is tricky.RegardsLeen de JagerIn other words you`ll have to paint it on the texture likewise I did for you just as an example on the screenshot.It will take a lot of time and experimenting to get things in line. , but it is possible to do it almost flawless ( almost !!! )http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/192941.jpg

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

It can be a real nightmare to get around texture mapping problems like this. As Leen says, the only real way is to distort the bmp in the opposite way.Occasionaly I've come across ones in the past where I've either had to change the paint scheme to fit around the mapping problems.. or scrap the scheme all together.

Yes Morgan, some models are just hopeless.It is very disappointing doing a paintjob for days and then discover the model not to paintable in a proper/normal way.As I said before FSRepaint is a great help.Fixing a bug as shown above, will take not more than half an hour, when using this tool. ( just the demo will do perfectly )

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints