Sign in to follow this  
Guest trevor

fuel problems

Guest trevor

HiI have just purchased Concorde 2004.I have gone through the posts looking for a solution to my problem and found some on pages 2 and 3. The problem is I cannot fly longer than an hour. The problem being fuel starvation. I found a post which suggested opening the 4 rotary valves at the bottom of the fuel panel. I did this and re-tested. Now I have a problem of re-fueling in flight. This is flying with the VFE on.Tanks 5 + 7 empty first. Then tank 6 empties followed by tank 8. Then tank 2 empties followed by tank 4. At this point I have about 23 000kgs of fuel. The moment tank 4 empties, the plane is mysteriously refuelled and the quantity shoots up to 60 000kgs with the CoG going right out of range - to 50.0I found a post on page 2 concerning this, but no one has replied to the person.What is the solution?Come on guys please help me out here.Should one fly without the VFE? If so, how does one handle the fuel?ThanksTrevor

Guest trevor

You know, you guys at Phoenix have gladly accepted my money, but you are not gladly forthcoming with support regarding your bug.I need someone to please help me with the fuel management. It was advertized that the VFE would handle this.There are many folk who fly the Atlantic route successfully - please just tell me how it is done.ThanksTrevor

Hi Trevor,I've flown the pond many times with the PSS Concorde. Have you checked that 1) You don't have 'Use Unlimited Fuel' set in FS9 and 2) You are turning off reheat after take-off and again at Mach 1.7?Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest Bernie Rottweiler

Hello,You have to switch on the pumps of tanks 5 and 7 and 6 and 8. Switch on all fuel pumps, select all pumps to auto which are selectable to auto.The collector tanks are refilled from tanks 5 and 7, then 6 and 8. If these pumps aren't switched on, then the collector tanks (which feed directly to the engines) aren't refilled and you run out of fuel.

Guest trevor

Hi BernieThanks for your help. The pumps on 6 & 8 were off. I put all pumps on and all switches to auto. Using the VFE I successfully completed my first trans-atlantic crossing. I also am using FSUIPC v3.4 and not v3.75 as I have noticed there is a slight difference in how fuel is used. Which version are you using ?Now it is a sheer pleasure to fly. Excellent panel and excellent FDE.ThanksTrevor

TrevorThe manual does explain how to manage the fuel yourself without the VFE. Watching the DVD that cames with some versions helps as well. if you really want to get technical do a search for a real concorde manual that comes on CD. I got mine from a seller in New Zealand. It was well worth the money...3 large acrobat files.I found that the default fuel setting was too high so I reduce the fuel by about 10 tonnes before take off...you will need to shift the ful around a bit to get the COG correct too.

Peter Schluter

>Hello,>>You have to switch on the pumps of tanks 5 and 7 and 6 and 8.>Switch on all fuel pumps, select all pumps to auto which are>selectable to auto.>>The collector tanks are refilled from tanks 5 and 7, then 6>and 8. If these pumps aren't switched on, then the collector>tanks (which feed directly to the engines) aren't refilled and>you run out of fuel.>>Great post.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.