Sign in to follow this  
Guest fullflapsplease

A320 family turning into a rocket on touchdown.

HelloI am having a very strange problem on touchdown with this model, as I put the main gear on the ground the aircraft rotates again unprovoked to almost 90 deg. up. This ends up with the thing going into A-FLOOR and, if I can't get the nose back down, it lands on its' backside either nearly at the end of the runway or off it?Any known fix please?1, It hapens weather in flap CFG. 3 or full.2, I have been descending with the ILS and retarded well before touchdown in managed speed.3, I am not over flaring on touchdown at all.Could manually stting trim for the take off roll have anything to do with it.Cheers.Mark.status.php?id=879255;indicator=BAV01

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Has the PSS team got any clues to this please?Talking to fellow simmers it's not just me who experiences this problem.Should I not manually set the trim prior to take off, can that have an affect on the landing trim?Anyone please, this is really annoying after a flawless 5 hour flight to end it all like that and ver embarassing when on-line too :|

The trim you set prior to takeoff will not be the cause of this. Have to say I have no idea what is causing it though.

It appears that you are getting into a runaway trim situation. The position of the slab in your picture looks like full nose-up trim.Are you disconnecting the A/P immediately before touchdown...or hand-flying the approach...or doing an autoland?I would select and undock the flight controls page on the lower ECAM and watch the trim throughout the landing phase. Could be you have a button sticking, or some other cause of runaway trim. It'd be useful to know at what point the trim starts moving. What sort of joystick are you using? How are your button assignments done?RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Washington, DC

Ok, I disconnect the A/P at 4 DME and hand fly the approach from there on in.I am using a MS Force feed back II, and I do not use any buttons other than trigger for brake.Mark.

How are you disconnecting the A/P?Bob

HI MarkTurn off the F/D aswell when you hand fly the APP.RegardsJannier

Are you using AS2004? If so, there's a problem with some A/C and trim due to the "wake effect" if when turned on, and you have (or had) traffic in front of you, which can cause A/P and trim to go haywire on approach/landing.

Hi,sorry for my apparent ignorance but, I've been playing with FDE's and panel merges ;)Anyway, thanks for your replies.How does disconnecting the F/D help?I am using ActiveSky in FS2002 not FS2004.I disconnect the autopilot using the AP1 & AP2 buttons on the glareshield.Cheers.mark.

Sign in to follow this