Sign in to follow this  
ChrisJake

anyone ever have this happen? sound related.....

now that i have a TON of AI traffic all around, every now and then i like to setup at some busy airport and just do some plane spotting. lately, i've discovered that once i get into "position", all my sound is gone.what i do is fire up FS, decide where i want to spot, select End Flight, load up where i want to go, which plane, time, etc.. then, once i'm there i slew to a good spotting location. presto....no sound. its definitely there before i decide to move to my spotting location.this happens only when spotting....when i'm flying all seems well.any ideas? thxchris

I rarely use the "End Flight" selection. I do a lot of spotting "even thought it is officially frowned upon theses days:-lol )" using AIVIEW.DLL - http://www.altingsoftware.com . Clicking on different aircraft lets you fly, taxi, takeoff, land with them in spot view.I guess you need to avoid the method you are using. One thought, are you placing the simulator back in fly mode? You indicate you are slewing (Y), are you pressing Y again to return to fly mode?

yeah...i get out of slew mode. usually, i find a hangar or building nearby....slew to it.....then get out of slew and listen to tower from my higher vantage point on the buiding.i have AIView and usually use it to see who is "out there" talking with approach. i think i remmember people talking about vehicles they use to spot. gonna try to locate something like that, see if it fixes anything.thanks for respondingchris