Sign in to follow this  

Sim stops running when using the "RWYINFO" gauge

I downloaded the latest rwyinfo gauge and the two data files and installed them into the fs2002 folder as was sugested in an early post. Most of the time when I click on the icon, the sims stops. It works only some times but mostly, it stops responding. What is up? Is this a bug in FS2k2. When it does work it works great. Just wish I could count on it not to fail. ThanksKSPI

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Press alt-tab twice. Once to get the desktop, second time back to the sim.

Often when I click on the icon the RWYINFO dialog does not appear and everything appears to have stopped. When this happen I simply click on the screen where the dialog should have appeared and it pops up. As I'm writing this I am wondering if I actually click just to the right of where the dialog box would have appeared. Try both. The one thing that I am sure of is that on my system a simple screen click brings up the missing RWYINFO dialog.

What makes it "simple" for me also, is that I alt-tab to the desktop to run WXRE after trying to get the RWYINFO. Of course, others don't use the sim in the same way.

This is only a problem in full screen mode, in windowed mode there are no reported problems with the RwyInfo gauge.Regards.Ernie.