Sign in to follow this  
Guest mrkgr

ETA Idications in CDU

Guest mrkgr

Hi, I do not know if this is something like a bug or something that I have not setup correctly in the CDU. I am getting really weird indications in terms of ETAs. For example, for a trip from LGLM (Limnos, Greece) to LIMC (Milano Malpensa) I am getting an ETA from the progress page of about 16 hours, whereas in normal, the 821 miles trip would last a couple of hours.This continues throughout the journey and only as we pass each waypoint the correct time appears. Anybody having the same problem?Marinos KlourasLGAV

Guest AAL516

I have too and it is really strange. It keeps track for the first 20 minutes or so and then it loses track completely. This does get a little frustrating while flying over the north atlantic but im confident that this will be addressed in the final release.

Hi,Same here. I definetively cannot use the FMC! It freezes FS9 after some time, and its behavior is odd. Also, speedbrakes bring the aircraft almost to a halt! BestEdmundo

Edmundo Azevedo

Unfortunately, the problem with CDU showing invalid ETAs doesn't seem to have changed with the release. I just departed KBOS for EGLL (1244 UTC) and it's showing my EGLL ETA is 0922 UTC. Seems to calculate the fuel remaining at destination right, just the ETA is way off - it shouldn't be past 1930 or so based on my current groundspeed.

Yea, looks like the same issue, however, the ETA calculations don't generally get any better for me. I flew this last night and was on short final with the CDU still showing a final ETA of 6+ hours out.What I found really strange about this is that the DATA display on the ND had *correct* ETAs at the same waypoints the CDU was showing hours off...

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.