Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

I'm Impressed, But

Hi Guys,Although I'm still flying my first flight with today's pre-release download. I must say you've done a tremendous job in fixing some of the problems I've seen. I do have one problem thats bugging me.The main beef I have right now is with the Radio Panel. I am unable to tune the COM radios.Please don't tell me to load the Cessna first, there's got to be a better way, there must be a fix.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Guest aarskringspier

I wonder if you have some left over from the RC1 package; when I un-installed it I made sure I got rid of everything. I manually removed any entries in the registry. removed any folders left behind etc etc.Perhaps try a un-install make sure everything is gone and do it again. I can tune the radios just fine in all aircraft.

My radios are working fine. Did you uninstall the old RC1 version?

Graeme Butler

Hi,I uninstalled the old RC1 before installing the last release.Also, if the COM radios don't work, the Auto NAV radios don't work as well.The COM radio's work if I load the default Cessna and then load the PSS 777. The problem is, I don't want to have to load the default Cessna everytime I want to fly this aircraft.It would have also been nice to have NAV radio's that I can set myself.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Guest Midnight LS1

Here's an way I've been using since I had FS9.Select the Cessna 172Then select the airport (your airport of choice, where you will be flying out most of the time)select the weather theme you would like to have by default (It's set to real world weather on my system)then select the time of season (I have mine set to system time)Then click "Save Flight" and type in a name, then check 'Set as Default'Then click the 'Fly Now!' buttonTurn everything off except the master switch and the avionics switch. Then click 'File' and go down to 'Save flight', save it under the same name you did earlier, make sure you checked 'Save as default'After that is done, the Cessna 172, the airport, weather of your choice should appear at the next restart of FS9.After that, load the PSS 777 and repeat the steps over as above replacing the C172 with the PSS 777.This way the avionics switch is left on but everything is off, and the PSS 777 will load by default now ;)

Hello,How about an answer from PSS, this is the only aircraft that I have a problem with in regards to the radio's, and I'm not the only one having problems. I should not have to go through all these steps to get the radio's to work. This is not a limitation in FS2004 its a problem with the T7 and should be fixed.

Guest FattyBear

Yes I have the same problem and it's pretty ridiculous. I tried flying the 777 last night, and while a lot of bugs have been fixed I still can't tune the radios/use them and at 80 knots the airplane started lifting off and drifting off the runway. I'll wait for a patch.

Alright look...If you want to fly the T7, then it's default Cessna, Magnetos - Both, Master Switches - On, Avionics - On. If this is too much trouble for you, or too complicated for you to wrap your head around, I suggest requesting a refund, as this is the ONLY way it will work properly.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Guest gdafc1

Ah Brian the arrogant one is back.Brian these people have got a very genuine issue and all you have done is insult them. I do not need to carry out the your procedure to get the radio panel to work.So where is your theory there oh smart one?I remember your arrogance from the Feelthere Forums, you promised to stay away from that, how about doing the same thing here?Go on do us all a favour.Garry

Hi Brian,Until I get a response from PSS stating they are "NOT" going to fix this problem I will not ask for a refund.If regards to your other remarks, guess you know where you can stick it!

Brian these people have got a very genuine issue and all you have done is insult them. I do not need to carry out the your procedure to get the radio panel to work.To quote Mike himself:"The COM radio's work if I load the default Cessna and then load the PSS 777. The problem is, I don't want to have to load the default Cessna everytime I want to fly this aircraft."So as you can clearly see, this is purely a matter of laziness. A solution has been presented. It is admitted that the solution works. Mike just doesn't want too. Secondly, another case of the invisible insults I take it. Please, quote where I've insulted anyone.

Regards,

Brian Doney

OK, well, have fun on the ground then with your 400,000lb paper weight.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Hey Brian,How about this:"If this is too much trouble for you, or too complicated for you to wrap your head around, I suggest requesting a refund, as this is the ONLY way it will work properly."In regards to your other remarks: "So as you can clearly see, this is purely a matter of laziness. A solution has been presented. It is admitted that the solution works. Mike just doesn't want too."I should not have to load the default Cessna to get the radio's to work in FS2004, as I have said, it is not FS2004 limitation. Its the T7 thats the problem. It should be fixed!

Mike,I assume you are quoting me, in an effort to illustrate where I've insulted you. I guess I just don't see how those comments can be comsidered insults. The most certainly may be things you don't want to hear, but they are hardly insults.At any rate, it really doesn't matter. You have your idea of how things should work, and then there's reality. They either match, or they don't. You know how to work around the "problem". If you choose not to, good luck, you're on your own.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Hello,I'm not on my own, I have PSS and I'm sure they will correct the problem. You state: I assume you are quoting me. Guess you don't know what" and " means.Anyway I done waisting my time with you, grow up!!!.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.