Sign in to follow this  
hippyonenine

No side or other views

In the preorder version of the 777 there were nice side and rear views in the 2d cockpit. Now I have downloaded the release file and they are not there. All I get is the front panel.Was quite happy with the prerelease once I got the bugs sorted out but this is a big step backwards - although dont see anyone else mentioning it so maybe just on my computer.Would apprecate feedback on what is happeningThanksJohn Hewson

Guest vilius1

Do yo mean there were photos of side views in no-VC version?Vilius

Guest NormanB

>In the preorder version of the 777 there were nice side and>rear views in the 2d cockpit. Now I have downloaded the>release file and they are not there. All I get is the front>panel.It sounds like you have loaded one of the none VC models.

there were definatly no side views with the pre-release version. I have sent some edits that use the PSS 2002 777 to PSS (you need to own the 2002 version), and i have also described how to do it in a post in this forum. I am also making a set o side views from screenshots of the VC which is almost as good as a photo, i will be sending this into PSS aswell.

Guest Debosonic

Side views are very desirable...I prefer to use the no-vc model, but the lack of side views is something that should be rectified, either in an update or user edit....

Guest Pro-Sim

Norman,In a lot of other add-ons, the no-VC versions have replacement photo-real side view textures.I think this is what people are asking for. So in the VC versions, you'd get the VC side views and in the non-VC version you'd get 2D photo-real side views.A good working example of this to refer to is the Level D 767 (please don't think I'm making a product comparison - just that this feature makes a great difference to the 2D flight experience).:-)David

Guest edwardpat2004

To improve the 2D panel views, you can offer similar bitmaps to those included in your PSS B777 for FS2k2 and an edited panel.cfg, as Bruce commented in this post. This thing is a no brainer and could be done very quickly.This 2D panel is inno way at the same level of others in the market (I don't want to make comparisons, but just see the other boeing jets recently developed, like 747 and 767).

That would be a 5 minute job for PSS to add in 2D sideviews using the FS2002 graphics. Since it's a desireable feature for many, maybe it can be reconsidered?Jason

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.