Sign in to follow this  
Guest jinzo012

Aeroplane swings on landing.

Guest edwardpat2004

I'm having the swings too. They get worse when approaching the runway. I think it's not normal.

Guest Hawkeyeted

The author of this thread is correct. It swings...err..."chases" the localizer, and gets exagerated the closer the aircraft gets to the runway, but is not unmanagable. My opinion is that this is related to the CG. This aircraft DESPERATELY needs a weight and balance manager, not to mention a fuel planner. (There isn't even a fuel planning schematic in the manual. "Guestimation" is the best it gets I suppose.)

Guest DarylC

It sort of makes you wonder what the beta testers were testing.Its like a roller coaster unles its climbing.Glide slope the same problem except side to side.Some may say it add to the realism, but if in real life you would be waiting for the pilot to sort him out !PSS please fixRegardsDaryl

Guest Tim W

>It sort of makes you wonder what the beta testers were>testing.>DarylPlease don't be so quick to Blast Beta testers! I have been beta testing products for a good few years now and I know that all you can do as a BT is report, there is no guarantee that what you report will get fixed. By all means have a go at the developers themselves, but please do not be so harsh on people who do a difficult job for little reward!Cheers http://members.chello.nl/t.westnutt/realair.gif

Guest jinzo012

Slipped off into page 3 somehow

I have flown my LR a few times now and have not seen major swinging in any conditions I've met. It is not rock solid untill about the OM, from then on it gets better. Be advised the popular 744 is softening its autoland because it is too steady, they got complaints from real world pilots on that.

An interesting thread however consider:-using the accompanying load sheet - have you found that yet?-entering the MAC percentage into your FMS - needed for TO trim-using the fuel manager - fuelling through FS9 might not help here which might be why the fuel load manager is included in the aircraft-makeing sure the FD and autpilot are disabled on the ground after landing or else the aircraft will track the localiser on the ground. It is designed to do just that (how strange!) reading this thread and others makes me think I must have bought an entirely different product from what you guys have. I have not experienced:CTDbobbingwild manoeuvers capturing LLZ or GPaircraft wearing high heels and silk stockings ;-)

Rob Grant
Compass Airlines - Stretch Your Wings Australia

Guest glide

> I think the real 777 doesn't do this

Guest jinzo012

I go spotting frequently at George Bush Intercontinental Airport (ICAO KIAH. IATA IAH) we get 3 to4 British Airways 777s, 1 Air France 777-300, and many Continental 777-224s. I have never seen a 777 (even on windy days) swing as severely as the PSS 777 does. I think it's safe to say this is not a regular occurance on the actual 777

Guest DarylC

So do I Tim,But on critical systems, not games.If I miss the obvious like this, This is about an obvious a problem as you could get.I would get blasted,Why I said that is the before release there were beta testers saying how good it is.I also agree its a good model, but it is nowhere up to the PSS Standard.RegardsDaryl

Guest glide

Hmmm no no.....Real world pilots have reported on numerous occassions that their 777 has started these oscillations on approach causing a complete lack of controll and resultiong in the aircraft plummeting towards the ground, except that at the moment of impact they are only to find themselves dazed and confuzed sitting back at the beggining of the runway of the departure airport they had previously taken off from, just like nothing had happened at all. Often the only evidence that somthing has happened on the flight deck are a few switches are in a different position and the aircraft is shut down.A bizarre occurence which is ofen kept quiet as pilots do not want their integrety questioned(just like ufo sightings)kav

Guest DaveI

I have this problem too...the 777 occillates in roll when tracking the ILS. I have not yet had to cancel the autoland....but only just.Any comments PSS ?

I have found this same problem on both my outbound and inbound flights (KSFO-EGLL-KORD). Once APP is activated there are severe osscilations around the pitch and roll axis requiring AP disconnect and hand flight the rest of the way or risk a crash.There also seems to be some confusion about this so let me say unequivocably: THIS BEHAVIOUR IS TOTALLY INCORRECT! If the Autoland system is operating correctly and within gust load / x-wind limits and the CAT III ILS is captured properly, the 777 should behave consistantly and confidently all the way down to the touch down zone period. Comments from 777 pilots are that it is "weird" to fly the approach hands off and watch the T7 make a perfect landing in almost the same spot on the runway, but it does it every time.There is no room for augument here, the autoland system is made to be relied upon in 0/0 conditions with UTMOST confidence and safety. What the T7 in its current state is doing is a common novice pilot mistake and that is to "chase the ILS" which has you all over the approach path trying to keep the needles centered. The autoland does NOT do this. Without a doubt, this is a bug that requires a patch.