Sign in to follow this  
Guest Verran

Vertical Navigation

Guest NormanB

Justin,Take your virtual tape measure and you will find that they are 115B

Hi JustinThe replies you have received show that there is a massive learning curve from PPL status to 777 jet status and these systems are extreemly complex to just jump in, and fly. The 777 has a built in sensor which detects when pilots haven't read the manual and ensures that it makes them fed up when after a short while the plane won't do as they command.And as today is the 1st April I feel that this observation is valid :)so learn the systems a bit at a time and in my case I have been flying PSS heavy metal since fs2002, and still learning. I know that we are all waiting for a patch to improve the 777, but it flies fine from A to B so the only limitation of this aircraft is the ability of the pilot to learn it.hope you begin to get loads of fun out of it soonregardsJohn CallejaBAW352 (in the virtual world)

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Guest Verran

Dirka?Well if you're going to be like that, *Snickers* after closer examination and cross reference between photographs and your visual model, I implore you to take a closer gander at your source files. Those nacelles you have on there are the same from your 200s. Typical PW size. *Coughs* PWNED.*Snickers and hugs* I can fix that if you like... *LOL*

Guest Verran

Thanks, and I'm starting to find that. I actually had a blast with it the other day, when everything *died* while I was in the middle of the pacific. Finding my way home was quite the challenge with a magnetic compass and Nav Radio giving me only radial and DME from a tuned station... That was fun.

Guest NormanB

>Dirka?Huh?

Verran, just sit down a little, read the manual again, and, more important, just fly it a couple of times just using FLCH and VS. Play with the FMC, get the grip of the plane, and then dive into difficult parts.I am going well here, altough not yet used VNAV. Will do on my next short hop.And, remember, real 777 pilots do either have a lot of expirience in smaller, but same automated planes, or spend 6 months in the schoolbanks before they even may touch a 777.And we think we master it in one evening? naah, we cant..Good luck, and we might meet on Vatsim.JohanA LITTLE LESS CONVERSATION, AND A LITTLE MORE ACTION PLEASE!HELP:http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=238882

Guest FlyinJ

Mark,Don't know if Alex answered your question via email (didn't see it on this thread), but there is a chart in the PSS documentation (specifically page 24 in the Charts and Tables manual) that lists the Optimum and Maximum altitudes for a given weight. Another method that I sometimes use is to initially program the FMC with a CRZ ALT of 260. Then, after all the other info is plugged into the FMC, I go back and take a peek at page 2/3 (ECON CRZ) of the VNAV page and see what the FMS has calculated as the Optimum/Maximum altitudes.Jeff

I suggest if you really want to understand how the MCP/FMC works, you buy the FMC guide, www.fmcguide.com. Yes, it will set you back about $40, but it will be the best $40 you will spend.If you try flying the airplane without a real solid knowledge of both the MCP and the FMC, you are going to end up where you don't want to be. Sometimes, that's in the dirt.Dave Lamb

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.