Sign in to follow this  
Guest britair

Flight with Update 1.1

Guest britair

Hi All did a flight with update installed, a/c UPS 777lrf the flight was Newark -Denver using FS atc IFR with real weather updates. the t/o was normal the climb being very rapid and as people have found the a/c will rapidly overshoot the 250knts vnav target if notcontrolled with a flch selection+ v/s selection. The cleared alt was fl350 with a step climb to fl390 when vnav indicated it. the descent from cruise was requested at t/d and vnav controlled it on the cue.The descent was controlled with vnav until setting up the approach the loc & g/s capture was spot on & the a/c landed on the c/l despite a 8knt cross wind @ 90deg.The only minor faults were the course line stayed attached to the a/c symbol on the nd display On taxi & t/o but did not do this after atc vectored onto the approach, on landing the auto brakes stayed latched when man brakes were used. Thanks for a great ac Norman which is better still with the update. Brian;)

Hi Brian,Did you by any chance modify any of the LEGS in the CDU for your route by changing the SPEED/ALTITUDE paramets and inputting your own figures instead of the ones supplied / calculated by the CDU? I just want to know to see if you experienced any freezing if you altered LEGS parameters, which are commonly done before TOD or even during descent by modifying the current STAR and runway to another one if ATC directs you to a different rwy.I just finished a flight today from London Heathrow (EGLL) to Zurich Kloten (LSZH) but modified ONLY ONE speed/altitude of a final approach LEG and left the other LEGS speeds/altitudes on default calculated settings. I also changed 4-5 times the entire STAR portion either by adding specific waypoints manually or from the DEP/ARR page and had no freezing at all.John

Guest britair

Hi John The only course alterations i made were heading changes as directed by FS ATC I had no freezing and the a/c behaved perfectly. Brian

Hi Yep i have had the freeze problem too , so for now i dont enter any alts in the FMC till some one finds a fix . its still a great Aircraft . Rich

ugcx_banner.png

hmmm, strange. I have just taken off and changed some altitudes on the legs page without problems. I'll do another change when I get closer to my destination (about 8 hours away) and see what happens.Take off and climb are good, feels heavy.EDIT: Very little in the way of oscillations at 4x and 8x, max would be about 8 feet.--qnhFredBorisGeorgeKylieCindyJessica

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

at 16x she's up and down like the proverbial! Then again that's not surprising--qnhSandraColleenOliviaTinaTracey

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Yes I too have found up to 8X acceleration stable but 16x is not.John

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.