Sign in to follow this  
HUSSAR

What will the EHSI feature?

Hi guys,I did a search of the 757's EHSI display and I was wondering if PSS will model the right and left ADF needles on the EHSI as it was not mentioned in some of the features as described by Norman and Graham. I have seen this feature displayed on another sim and IMO it aids in making the sim look more realistic.BTW great job so far guys, I love the screens of the front office as well as later screens featuring the aircraft in and around the airport. Can't wait for FSX to give us the look and feel of a real airport... in the meantime what airport scenery was used for those screenshots.Best regards,

\Robert Hamlich/

The ADF Needles are not on the HSI on a 757 (or in a 767), the ADF needles will be located on the RMI.Cheers

>The ADF Needles are not on the HSI on a 757 (or in a 767),>the ADF needles will be located on the RMI.>>CheersIan, The reason I was asking is because I was watching the Just Planes Air Europe 767-300 DVD and that is when I noticed the needles on the HSI tracking the VOR stations. Unfortunatley I do not own a DVD featuring the 757 and considering that the 757 has almost the same avionics and displays I thought that I would ask the question.Thanks,

\Robert Hamlich/

VOR and ADF are totally different things. You should certainly see VOR pointers on the 757 EHSI, but not ADF.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Tom,My apologies, you're right. Memory playing tricks, should have checked before posting. ADF pointers are selectable on the EHSI, not VOR. In some aircraft the selection is disabled. VOR data is the course bar and deviation bar, no pointers.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Kevin,No problem! :-). ADF pointers in EHSI are installed as per operator's request (though I'd like to know who has this feature in use nowadays :-roll ) EHSI Full VOR/ILS mode (rose visible) are optional modes as well. Tom

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.