Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Get real! - Fsim reviews are just like personal referen

Some people have been complaining that many Fsim reviews are only ever positive . They say that you never read a review that says that the "thing" reviewed is no good or inferior.Well - have you ever read a personal reference that said that the person subject to the said reference is a complete no-hoper who wouldn't work in an iron lung, is totally unreliable, doesn't know the meaning of honesty, etc , etc - I bet you haven't and never will. I hope you get my drift.Some reviews "may" over-rate a product - but it's all in the eye of the beholder. There are NO absolutes in this world ( Flame shield deployed to fend off the religious zealouts of all kinds!)So, let's get back to the real Fsim problems that need to be solved --like why has my FS2002 suddenly decided that it doesn't want to recognise my Microsoft Sidewinder every second bootup ( even though Windows does recognise it everytime).Barry

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

For sure you are right. But if Avsim will not permit discussion of the negative aspects of a product missed out by the reviewer it leaves only the `one-sided` view of the product and could lead to accusations of favouritism or worse. The better solution would be to not publish reviews at all, or to limit all reviews to photo montage with only the text required to describe the picture.ChasW

Have you ever listened or read the attorney's speaches that is STILL trying to sue McDonalds for making people fat, even after the judge has thrown the case out (but is going to be re-filed)? It's a totally ONE SIDED argument against McDonald's with specific wording to give a false presenation in favor of the plaintiff'$ & their lawyer$. If I listened and believed all this B$, I'd never walk into McDonalds for a hamburger again! And I like McDonald's once and a while!!I felt the same was going on yesterday with followup postings to the Avsim Review for the PSS Dash8. Some negative postings were followed with a piling on effect, that would give an impression of a completely inadequate product------------------------ which isn't the case! I have both Dash 8's, enjoy both & can easily make a negative or positive case for both-------------------just as any "lawyer" could. And yesterday, it was getting out of hand, which was a good reason for "thread lock".L.Adamson

"And yesterday, it was getting out of hand, which was a good reason for "thread lock"."Exactly right Larry. And more than lock, removal. When "bashing" becomes the sole reason for posting, as opposed to reasoned discussion of faults and inaccuracies, then we'll remove 'em. Reasoned discussion of commercial products occur here all the time (including PSS and a host of others); all one has to do is take a long look at the forum messages and archives to attest to that. But when it turns to bashing or "piling on", then we'll remove the thread regardless of who / whom / or what the subject is.