Sign in to follow this  
Guest NormanB

PSS 757 Q&A and issues thread

Guest vcom

Hello Norman!My little considerations for T7 and 757:>Autobrakes MUST BE OFF when aplies manual brakes.>A lot of thrust variations in VNAV mode (climb or descent phases).>Fire handles for engines and APU. (optional)>When disconnect AP plays two sounds at the same time. Its correct?Best regards!Ernest

Guest johnnyh

>Hi I have two questions. My first is when I turn my overhead>light on in the cockpit the 2d panel lights up and the vc>doesnt. Also when I look at the nose on the exterior model a>light is present. Was the light placed too far forward? Is>there any way to fix this? My second question is when I tried>to execute an autoland with her she dove forward and gained>speed very close to the runway. I dont know if it was because>I was in a tailwind or it was the first time I tried an>autoland with her and I missed something. Please help.I have the very same problem and my landings are really harsh. Please help someone!!

Guest colinbroderick

Hi Guys,Im having a problem with the 757 panel in that all popups appear behind the Main panel. Any Ideas?

My guess would be that either you did not start with the default Cessna and change to the 757 once FS started, or, you did that but were in an external view when you loaded the 757.Joe Lorenc

Joe Lorenc

Guest gns

Just bought and installed the Pss 757. Started Flight sim and there is NO pss 757 to choose. I even restarted my computer. When downloading the aircraft I selected C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9Aircraft. This is the same place all of my other A/C are located. I dont know what happened here but I would like to find out how to remedy this problem.gns

The aircraft should be listed under Boeing-PSSIf you still cannot find it then re-run the setup.exe, navigate through the option to install the base files (not liveries) and then to where you put your email address and password in, on the next screen (from memory) you should have the option to rebuild aircraft configs, select this and hit next - this should solve the problem.Regards,Scott

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi,It appears that you have installed to the wrong folder. It should have gone to C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9. Try again with the "aircraft" folder omitted.

Mervyn Edwards

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guest Knikolaes

>Hi,>>It appears that you have installed to the wrong folder. It>should have gone to C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight>Simulator 9. Try again with the "aircraft" folder omitted.Agreed. In fact you shouldnt have to choose anything at all. The installer already found the path for you based on your registry settings, so don't mess with the target at all. The PSS installer DOES know where your FS is. if not, you need to go to Flight1 and download the registry fix tool as most major add-ons wont run without proper FS registry anyway.Chris

Guest gns

Thanks for the help. I did a re-install and and let the installer put the files where it wanted, ie C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9 instead of aircraft. Works just fine for now. Ive noticed the greatly reduced frame rates and followed the intructions (refresh rates from 18 to 6)to improve them and it helped a little. Any other suggestions on improving the frame rates would be appreciated. Are there any setting adjustments in fs9 that might help??Thanks, Grant

Guest Knikolaes

All I did was manually convert any textures that were in 32 bit to DXT3 using the freeware DXT-BMP program and it helped a lot. Other than that there isnt much you can do. Really on all advanced airliner simulations for FS you will notice a drop in FPS due to the advanced programming.If you want to go one step further -- do what i did and set your processor to have FS on one CPU only (if you have HT enabled). That will more than triple your FPS guarenteed.

Guest Flybyme

Ciao,I've installed the 757....must say wonderfull bird.The problem I have is the following:I get in the cockpit switch on the BATT...but I don't get to see the radio freq..If I start the APU I do get the radio freq but CAN'T change them, same as the VOR/DME course ad freq on the autopilot.To get them functionning I have to swop to another aircraft, switch the BATT ON and then swop to the 757 again..Any idea please???Thanx endeedPAco

Guest Flybyme

Wowww...that was fast...;O)Thanx Steven, I'll check it out...Buy the way on the TCAS i get to see no traffic...while on the IVAP TCAS I see it...is there any setting I must do?(I do know how to use the TCAS)I see TFC on green but can't see the traffic i've got around...Any clue?Thanx againPaco

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.